• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E38 Rudder Available

WBurgner

Member III
I have an E38 rudder in central Florida. To my knowledge it is in fine condition. I can not detect any voids by tapping. There is a minor (1/2') gel coat chip in the upper edge. This has been siting in my garage for twelve years, and it is time to find it another home.

Bill Burgner

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Do you know what year it was manufactured or what hull number it came from? They aren't all the same over the years.

WBurgner

Member III
Do you know what year it was manufactured or what hull number it came from? They aren't all the same over the years.

I can not say, Craig. When I purchased Totem (1984 E381 #515) this rudder was given to me with the boat. The broker could not say how it was that a spare rudder came with the boat, and it is my recollection that the previous owner was out of the country and not available to ask. It would have conveyed with the boat when I sold it to Neil (Waypoint), but there was no practical way to transport it on the delivery sail to Texas.

I could try to provide measurements if you know the key measurements that distinguish between the different designs.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Bill,

I have two windsurfers and a plastic kayak in my garage that I will probably never use again, and I was wondering, if you get rid of the rudder, could I put them in your garage for ten years or so?

:)

Christian

WBurgner

Member III
Bill,

I have two windsurfers and a plastic kayak in my garage that I will probably never use again, and I was wondering, if you get rid of the rudder, could I put them in your garage for ten years or so?

:)

Christian

Ha!

My two kayaks are in a friend's yard for the same reason you want to move yours. At least she is on a lake.

We are trying to sell the house and get a bit more property. If that works out you can ship them on down.:)

WBurgner

Member III
Cargo shifting northward

Ben is the recipient of the E38 rudder. I am happy to see it going to good use.

Good sailing to all!

Bill Burgner
Orlando, FL

wurzner

Member III
Ben, if you swap out rudders let me know. The 38 rudders are undersized and I would love to modify one without losing the water time. I would in turn have one to donate once done. I would like to add about 1.5 feet to the chord length....downwind spinnaker runs would be a little less exciting in 10 foot plus seas.

thanks
Shaun