• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bought a 35-2 dirt cheap, now it needs work.

zinger1974

Hello all
Got the boat cheap and its gonna need some work but that is ok. I motored down from MDR to Willmington where the boat will be while i work on her. Any suggestons where i can get cushions and some covers made? Also some suggestions for an inexpensive chartplotter would be nice too.
Thanks
Scot

kari

Member III
A lot of people use an I pad with navigation App . . . I have Navionics and it works great for me . . . many opinions, pros and cons with this as only source etc. look into it before I get jumped on here . . . . I also have the app on my I phone also . . . . You do NOT need cell phone signal for these to work to pick up GPS

Tomwine

Member II
Cushions

Hello all
Got the boat cheap and its gonna need some work but that is ok. I motored down from MDR to Willmington where the boat will be while i work on her. Any suggestons where i can get cushions and some covers made? Also some suggestions for an inexpensive chartplotter would be nice too.
Thanks
Scot
Scott you got a great deal. I looked into this one also. It was a steal. You can part it out for much more than you paid.
My boat is in Wilmington and if you would like you can come by and make patterns off of my cushions feel free.
I'm in CYM.
TOm

zinger1974

Bought this E-35

Thanks for the input. I will check out the app. Tom i will also take you up on your offer to get patterns i will contact you before i make my next trip down that way.
Thanks
Scot

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hello all
Thanks
Scot

For cushions, find a shop that does automotive work, if not also boat interiors. They are used to working with cushions shapes that are not symmetrical or straight.
Also, choose 2.6 density for the cushion blanks, and avoid the lightweight foam. Shop around and ask questions.
Having cushions that sit and sleep comfortably adds immeasurably to your pleasure every single time you are aboard.
(Well, that, and cleaning up the bilges really good so that there's no odor when you slide the hatch open!)
:)

Loren

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hello all
Thanks
Scot

For the canvas shop local. Not far from Wilmington just over the bridge in San Pedro. 435 N Harbor Blvd, San Pedro, CA 90731 (310) 547-5489

http://www.pelicanloftca.com/index.html

Tomwine

Member II
Thanks for the input. I will check out the app. Tom i will also take you up on your offer to get patterns i will contact you before i make my next trip down that way.
Thanks
Scot
Scot. I have a guy that washes my boat every thursday. He will be happy to let you measure cushions. I also have one of my slip neighbors that does great work on ericsons that can let you on the boat anytime
Just let me know 702 429437
Tom

zinger1974

Boat visit

Scot. I have a guy that washes my boat every thursday. He will be happy to let you measure cushions. I also have one of my slip neighbors that does great work on ericsons that can let you on the boat anytime
Just let me know 702 429437
Tom

Tom
Im gonna try and make it down this Thursday. Missing one number to send you a message.
Thanks
Scot

Tomwine

Member II
Visit

Scot I will be at the boat later today Wed. I'm leaving LV at about noon today. Call me whenever you like.
702 4294376 My boat is in California Yacht Marina. Wilmington.
T