• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Washington State Ferry hits a boat near Vashon Island

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
No problem, the autopilot handled the course correction very nicely.

There is only one reason I know why two people would be belowdecks and occupied such that the blast of a ferry horn seemed not as important as what they were doing at the moment.

I salute their concentration.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
No problem, the autopilot handled the course correction very nicely.

There is only one reason I know why two people would be belowdecks and occupied such that the blast of a ferry horn seemed not as important as what they were doing at the moment.

I salute their concentration.

True dat. I taught my brother how to tie off the tiller to hold dad's boat on course back in the 70's. Shortly after that he took his girlfriend sailing he manages to run into a floating bridge. Nothing like this impact though.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hey Jeff, do you have any update on your new boat search?

Paul
E29 "Bear"

I looked at a E-39B last week thinking about making an offer on that rare bird and the asking price is nice at $39,500 but I would probably put another 25k in her right off the bat. I am also trying to find some Pacific Seacraft 37's & 34's to look at as well as Cape Dory 36's and the likes. I would prefer a full keel or 3/4 keel with a skeg hung rudder boat. A Ericson 38 200 would also be another that I would consider. Trying to stay within a max budget under 90K weather it be a boat I want to invest time + $ into vs a turnkey boat. I am pretty confident I will be making the move from land to sea this year. Thanks for asking.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...units=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=1704&url=

Last edited: