• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Update on 2017 PNW Ericson Rendez Vous

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
A little marina excitement

We're bummed to miss this year's gathering, but that's not to say there wasn't some excitement at home.

I got a call from a friend yesterday telling me there was a fire near our boat and I should go check on it. Sure enough there were fire trucks everywhere 4-5 boats smoldering and a whole bunch of stories flying around. The fire was on the next dock over, but all of the boats south of me were covered in soot. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but it was a little too close for comfort. Time to make sure the insurance is up to date.

Attachments

• 20170708_202916.jpg
    20170708_202916.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170708_202803.jpg
    20170708_202803.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 42

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
There is some good drone video of the fire and the response on the King5tv website. Scary stuff. Our friends were aboard their boat cooking crab when the whole thing started.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Great fun meeting all of you in Langley. Thank you all for making my first Rendezvous such a blast! Can't wait for the next one.... Genoa Bay?

p.gazibara

Member III
It was great to meet you all! We had a blast in Langley. The sail back to Seattle, while starting slow gave us a nice spin run home from the whidbey island head. Ava got a chance to learn spinnaker rigging and sheeting without the nail biting experience of gusty winds!

cheers,
-P