• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

For Sale E 35 Marina Del Rey Cheap

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
My guess is that the slip fee of at least 500/month has not been paid for a while.

The person who listed it can't spell sailboat.

Boats like this have negative value, at least in California, where there's no anchoring, slips are expensive and boatyards won;t let you work on your own boat.

It's a ghost. It died long ago.

Last edited:

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
There are some good looking features on that boat. There is also a possible bad looking bulkhead (in the pictures) and a bad looking jib. Needs a cabin sole. Needs cushions. And what about the engine? It looks good enough to save but might need a good amount of work, overall. I just love the way the E-35s look.

There is a similar E-35-2 in the slip next to me which has no engine and has been for sale for some time. I don't know how much he is asking for it as I never see him. I could ask the marina for a phone # for the owner, if interest exists.

Last edited:

Tomwine

Member II
E 35 1000.00 mdr

One of my friends that lives in the area went to see the boat today and said it looked very good and price was down to 1000.00. Jib is junk. Main he said was in very good shape. Rigging looked very good. Bottom was clean and couldn't fine any soft spots on deck. Winches looked to be in good shape and 2 speed self tailing. Owner is a young guy that took on more than he could handle with slip payments. Boat has to be sold by 4th. Motor will not run looks to be atomic 4. Kid did not know much about boat.
I would buy for parts if I could get down before it goes. Keel, roller, winches. boom, and mast are worth more than 1000.00
I live in Las Vegas and would love to cherry pick this one for parts I need for my boat which is exact year.
I one of you guys buys it I would love to bid on parts.
If anybody here is looking for a project this is about as low an entry level that you will find unless the boat is free.
Tom

Tomwine

Member II
E 35 mdr

Oh by the way. I love my E 35 it gets lots of praise from people walking by at the dock and sails like a dream. The design of E 35s as everyone on this site knows is a thing of timeless beauty.
It would take a lot of money to pry my 35 from me. Many hours of contorting into small places getting cut on unseen sharp things and hoping I could squeeze back out of places and situations I never thought I could get myself into. Great rewards as things get completed.
Tom

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Spinning winch seat? That's got to be worth something!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Winch Seat.jpeg
    Winch Seat.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

zinger1974

Bought this E-35

I picked this boat up for next to nothing. Still need to get a survey done on the boat. What are some things that i should look for? What size is the headsail for a 35-2? Any assistance will be appreciated. I did get the engine to run just had to put the choke on.
Thanks
Scot

Phil MacFarlane

Member III
Awesome man congrats. Look for rotted bulkheads, the mains and the forward lower ones (closet and head). Also rotted balsa core in the deck. Corroded fuel tank.
I carry a 100% 125% and 155% These boats are easily over powered so know how to reef the main.

adam

Member III
I'm working my way through a fixer upper E35 right now.

Heres my list of major problems so far which you might want to look out for:

* Deck rot
* Bulkhead rot
* Severe engine bed corrosion
* Severe steering bracket corrosion

If you have questions hit me up. Step by step I'm figuring all of this out.

Last edited:

celtic sea

Member III
E35-2

"Step by step I'm figuring all of this out."
Adam, great quote here, I'm in the process of the same thing, bulkheads and new waste holding tank, I got pretty lucky, the po completed all the majors, rigging, motor, steering, sails. The direct head discharge currently seems original, I've since ripped all that out and planning new head setup now, I've repaired the leaks and going to do some bulkhead repairs, the po had new chainplates, hardware and reinforced the connection points. I could write a book on ongoing repairs, and figuring this all out.
New to me this year, pryer boat an E27. Plan to put her back in the water this coming May. (Her names another story) Only sailing area here is the ocean!. Have any questions let me know!
John
1975 E35-2

ignacio

Member III
Blogs Author
Chain plates

I'd suggest having a close look at your chain plates. This is true of any boat of this vintage though. When I updated the standing rigging on my 1974 E35-II a few years ago, I removed all the chain plates (all but the stern are bolt-on), and found that two had cracks. I replaced them all. With the chain plates out, it was a good time to inspect the condition of the bulkheads too.

garryh

Member III
I suspect we will be 'seeing' a lot of each other over the next couple of years :)
I have had my new to me 35-2 (1978) for this past summer, a donation boat and picked it up for virtually nothing and yes... it needs a lot of work!
Some rot in bulkheads, extent to be determined this Spring; I will likely replace at least the main chainplates and inspect the others. Decks are pretty well completely toast, no core left in some areas. Leaking ports and damage to plywood around them. Electrical is what might be kindly called a rat's nest; all gate valve through hulls to be replaced. And that is just a brief list!
But when I saw this boat I loved it and had to have it. Found that it sails like a dream, extremely nimble under power, and looks like a sailboat should!