• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Katama Bay Martha's Vineyard Massachusetts

Steve

Member III
Re: Katama Bay Martha’s Vineyard

I recently send a quick article comment to Mandy Locke, a reporter for the Vineyard Gazettee, after reading a recent article{ http://www.mvgazette.com/news/2004/04/30/katama_bay_anchorage.php } written about the anchorage closing of Katama Bay. To my great surprise she answered, and actually wants more input for a follow-up. I would encourage readers to make additional comments to Mandy regarding this important issue.

Steve Dillingham
New Hampshire

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 10:50 AM

Thanks for your comments, Steve. Any other boaters you know who might be making a similar decision this year? I'll be reporting further on the economic impact of this throughout the season, and it would be helpful to have the voices of some boaters in my coverage.

Thanks,

Mandy Locke
Reporter, Vineyard Gazette

>comments: On average, each season, the boats you turn away are worth from $75,000 to well over $1mm; majority of folks dingy into town and >drop a lot of money with local business because they can afford it. I'm sure there will be some kind of impact that you will regret. I for one plan on taking my business to Block Island this year. Your loss. -Steve out of New Hampshire

:boohoo:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Update, please....

What ever happened about this situation? I emailed the paper there.... :D

//sse

Steve

Member III
I don't think anything has changed to-date

Seems it's still closed, not sure if the experiment is over. Temp. stuff tend to become forever....