• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cruising Insurance

ChrisInMaine

Member II
Wondering if folks have suggestions on insurance carriers that will underwrite Caribbean coverage, and for bonus points, a provider that will cover navigation in Cuban waters.

Most of the quotes we've received only cover US, Canada and Bahamas. We'd like to have the option of going farther south.

Thanks!

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Ask BoatUS and if they don't do it they probably will refer you.

I know Dan (the diving group) has heath insurance for cruisers, though maybe not boat coverage.

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
I think what DAN insurance covers is medical evacuation. So it is a cheap supplement to health insurance (or lack thereof) for those who might conceivably need it.

Ryan L

s/v Naoma
I don't know about the areas you mentioned but our policy allows us to remain sailing in French Polynesia (and beyond to a degree) during S Pac cyclone season. Maybe they will cover your area as well? The policy is underwritten by a company under the Geico umbrella. I know of two other yachts out here (Tahiti) using the same policy. We used this company as our agent. http://www.dksmarineinsurance.com/index.html They are well respected in the So Cal sailing community. Good luck!