• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E25 Swing Keel meded (or dimensions).

mskpsm

Well it's been a great sailing season in Nova Scotia. My only problem seems to be my swing keel. It's gone. So if you've got one for sale or if you have good dimensions from which I can make one I'd really like to hear from you. The best way to get in touch is my email account. mskpsm@gmail.com.
Thanks in advance.
Mark

Steve Swann

Member III
New Centerboard can be purchased

Mark,

I appreciate your situation. I had a 1977 E25 cb diesel that I sold two years ago and have regretted it ever since. I had redone and improved everything on the boat, including a new high tech centerboard and a kick-up high performance rudder. Both of these were built by Joel Santarone in Boise Idaho who owns Ruddercraft. He has the Ericson 25 board dimensions and the wherewithal to build you replacement. You can reach him (Richard is his sales manager) at (208) 375-2204. I will tell you that Ruddercraft products are not made in China and don’t expect them to be skimpy or be cheap. They stand behind their excellent products and have been in business a long time. As they say, when you buy quality, you only cry once. I don’t have a dog in this fight, but Joel is a good friend and he will do a great job for you.

The centerboard he built for me had a lead weighted tip to keep it down, but the overall centerboard was significantly lighter than the OEM it replaced. This made it a LOT easier for the gentler sex to raise and lower the board on our Ericson. Neither you or your boat will miss the extra weight. Combined with the kickup rudder it makes your boat beachable. Never fear striking another rock….

Bite the bullet, buy both his centerboard and kick-up rudder and be happy.