• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Spreader base bracket for E27 HELP!

ShelleyG

HI, everyone. I am in need of a spreader base bracket, (Port side) broke mine a couple days ago while climbing to install a windex.
So far i have had no luck in finding this piece anywhere, places i have called are pacific seacfraft, RigRight, LeFiell manufacturing.
Any help or sugestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and in advanced.

Michelle
E27 Cloud Croft
Boston, MA

rssailor

Spreader bracket

You might want to contact seth on this site as he used to work for ericson and might be able to help you. Otherwise find a good marine metal shop and have them duplicate the old one twice as if one broke the other can't be far behind. I had to have mine rewelded as one cracked, but mine are stainless and yours are aluminum. Ryan

mdgann

'76 E23
spreader base

Two years ago I had the same experience with my E23. I am told that they used the same mast extrusion for E23, E25 and the E27. I searched high and low for about 6 months trying to find a replacement. Many suggested that I go with a round tube set of new spreaders. I like the airfoil shaped ones too much. I have given up and fabricated a starboard spreader base out of steel and have been using it ever since. I have also contemplated casting my own using the old one glued together for a pattern. If you have any luck finding a source, I would really like to hear about it. If I ever am successful in casting one, I will post it here. Good luck in your search.