• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

cowl vent

seizethebay

Member I
seems i need to replace the vent on my 85 28.5. i am having a hard time finding then to fit as they push in not screw in. any suggestions?

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Is it just the 3" Perko (or Sea Dog) cowl vent? They're all over the internet and new/used chandleries... though you might have to buy the deck ring with it. I might have a spare cowl somewhere. I replaced the forward vent with a deck plate - but I seem to recall that the deck ring didn't come out in one piece. If I get around to it this year, I might replace both the engine room vents with dorade boxes. Or maybe try to build the boxes and re-use the vents.

seizethebay

Member I
found on eBay

Is it just the 3" Perko (or Sea Dog) cowl vent? They're all over the internet and new/used chandleries... though you might have to buy the deck ring with it. I might have a spare cowl somewhere. I replaced the forward vent with a deck plate - but I seem to recall that the deck ring didn't come out in one piece. If I get around to it this year, I might replace both the engine room vents with dorade boxes. Or maybe try to build the boxes and re-use the vents.

thanks. found them on eBay....