• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Rocket Boat Project-which boat/what do you think?

Skip-Buccaneer

Greetings!

As a sobriety present to myself I'm buying a rocket boat toy. I've always wanted one; but never trusted myself to own one as I was deep in the bottle, been sober awhile and wanna reward myself as well as I need a toy to tinker on to fill the hours boozing used too.

I'm having a hard time choosing between 2 particular rocket boat projects.

1-later 60s Glastron Jetflite V-143-( blue boat) guy says he rebuilt floor and transom-powered with a older Rude 60/speed unknown? I'm assuming 35 maybe 40mph?
love the styling how it's like the batmoble with the center console and guy built a bunny pad where the rear cowling was-totally makes boat!!!

30jkwvr.jpg

2-Glastron GT-150-(silver boat) this is the boat type bond did the bayou chase/boat jump in live and let die-Powered with a tower of power older Merc 90/guy claims it does 60mph? Totally stock/O.E.M.

qot6rm.jpg

yea, both relics and thats a particular plus! I want a vintage rocket boat. Seeing it's end of season they're going cheap...

Vessels name shall be "#Cake" pronounced poundcake.
We all know what this means...we're all not that old!
I'm mention this as I know it matters...

anyone with experiences please share!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
I would like the performance of the silver but the look of the blue, I guess that is no help. I guess I would go for the speed in the end, that is what you are really looking for isn't it.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Somewhere - not sure where - I recall a story a while back about auctioning off for real $ one of those small vary fast speed boats from one of the earlier Bond pictures. The ones driven by "henchmen" with automatic weapons, as they always are. :0
Interesting trivia.
Loren

Last edited:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Somewhere - not sure where - I recall a story a while back about auctioning off for real $ one of those small vary fast speed boats from one of the earlier Bond pictures. The ones driven by "henchmen" with automatic weapons, as they always are. :0
Interesting trivia.
Loren

From "Live and Let Die". I think about that chase scene whenever I'm over in LA near Irish Bayou in Slidell.

Congrats on sobriety!