• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking to Buy an E28

Phil

I've been searching for another boat to buy for a while now and have come across a 1987 E28. Does anyone have any thoughts as to the capability of this particular year and model? I know it's a very open ended Q. In particular, Is the keel encapsulated and is this a characteristic of all years and models? Is it prone to blisters more than another? Is it as safe as most or less? I can go on and on, so any thoughts, insights or "other" will be helpful.

thanks in advance
Phil S
pestitch@msn.com

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Could it be this one?
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1987/Ericson-28-2995682/REDONDO-BEACH/CA/United-States#.V8GlQRSBCRM

Since this model is available with deep fin or wing keel, I would guess that like the other 80's Ericson's it has an external lead keel.

Looks very clean in the pictures, but only a personal visit will really tell the tale. That, and a good survey.
The stated engine hours are extremely low, and that's generally a very good thing. Hopefully the oil(s) were changed annually.

Loren

Last edited:

Phil

Yep That's it.

Hi Loren,
Yeah, that's the boat. I took a look yesterday. It has the bolted on lead keel. The encapsulated keel was a big draw for me.

Thanks for taking a look.

Phil

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hi Loren,
Yeah, that's the boat. I took a look yesterday. It has the bolted on lead keel. The encapsulated keel was a big draw for me.

Thanks for taking a look.

Phil

Why are you drawn to an encapsulated keel?

Loren

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner