• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

SeaDog Battery Switch Swap out

mateo

I did a quick search for a how-to on switching the factory battery switch with the Seadog. Couldn't find anything, I'm a live aboard on my phone to so keep that in mind, my search capabilities are limited.
My battery switch on my Ericson 30 + broke and just spins. Took the back off and the back of the switch is cracked. Found out that a SeaDog switch will work, which I have, just looking for how to mount it properly and smartly. Any help is appreciated!

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Probably more than you are looking for, but I was just about to post a blog entry on that.

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Well, it should be here, eventually. Not sure how long it will take for the powers that be to approve it on a weekend.

Finished product:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1583.jpg
    IMG_1583.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1586.jpg
    IMG_1586.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 149

Pat O'Connell

Member III
Battery Switch

Hi Repected Sailors
That is a beautiful switch change!
I changed out the switch too. Drilled a hole for the back mount required for the new switch.
The old install was a mess (but will pass any inspections or surveys) with all the old wires and the new switches that I added for radar and GPS. Your change is terrific! Neat and clean!!!
Best Regards
Pat O'Connell
1981 E28+ Chips Universal 5411

Pat O'Connell

Member III
Hi Mateo
Sure... I'll get a picture the next time that we go to the boat. My approach was a simple as I think you can get.
1. I measured the dia of the new switch. I used a new Perko Main Switch which looks very similar to the great install that you already have seen. It was the same as the original switch.
2. Bought a hole saw of the dia and cut out a hole in the switch panel.
3. Bought thru bolts and drilled holes for them.
4. Mounted the new Perko Switch from the back of the panel. Re-attached the wires.
Won't be on boat until the weekend so may take awhile to get back to you.
Best Regards
Pat
1981 E 28+ Universal 5411 "Chips"