• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

standing rigging mounting

Bobg

Member I
I have a E29, I noticed one of the plate screws coming out of the mast cable, (don't know all the right words here,) where the rigging that holds the mast up attaches to the boat, anyway, it was a wood screw, shouldn't it be bolts through the cabin top? Seem kinda flimsy to me, I am sure it is factory installed. There are 3 on each side, hope you know what I mean here. Thanks Bobg

Bobg

Member I
correction

I Should have read my post before sending it, what I meant to say is, one of the screws that fasten the plate that is attached to the mast rigging cable, has worked out, when I screwed it back in, it just kept turning and wouldn't tighten, kinda got me nervous, does anyone know why screws and not bolts are used? and what am I screwing into? Thanks again Bobg

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Are you referring to the little trim plate that fits around
the chainplate? If so, it should be fastened to the deck
with stainless pan head sheet metal screws-that and a good
bedding compound.

Martin

Last edited:

mufflaw

Island Boy
Martin is right, the chainplate is only to seal out water, it is not the strength of the rigging. you can remove the plate and put a little epoxy in the hole for the screw, then redrill and replcae the bedding and screw.