• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

For Sale 1972 Ericson 35 MK2 $3600

Howard

Needs everything! Poor girl has just been abandon. Deck chain plates have rotted the bulkheads. Diesel does no run.

Slip rent has been paid for August. It's in Tarpon Springs, Florida. Boat yards everywhere!

Price is $3600. I can get more as scrap. But I am sure the boat can be rescued!

Howard
[

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 282
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Howard

Not wanted

Looks like she's just not wanted. I will order a dumpster and start cutting her up next week.
Howard

davisr

Member III
Doubt you can get more than $3,600 for scrap. Just give her away and maybe someone will take her away from you and save you the hassle.

Howard

1st Day

Well, just got back from the boat yard. I was easy pulling out the Yanmar. The local Yanmar service guy gave me $2000 for it and trans. I already had a offer for the mast, boom, whisker pole, and rigging and lifelines. That's $4000. The ballast lead goes to the recycle place over on Anclote road. That's $1500.

Gee guys! I have not even sold the sails or pedestal steering or Autohelm 3000 yet. And I'm in the black by $6000 just tonight!

What do you think I have been doing. Sitting on my butt all day. Waiting!

I have cut up aluminum landing craft for scrap. This hull will be in 2 x 2 chunks and in the dumpster by the end of the week.

I had Buddy Ebson (JED Clempet) for my Sea Scout master. Back in 1967. I crewed on Polynesian Concept to building plywood trimarans with Norm Cross, did FG laying a several shops. Sailed my Cal 25 to the Med. Earned my 300 ton oil and mineral captains lic. and bought a 110' LST in 1980. Made some bucks there.

But you boys are too wise for me. I will just go away.

Last edited:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Still, sad to see the girl meet her end in a dumpster.

Are there any other options? Donate the hull to a local Sea Scout ship or something?

(PS... I raced with "Jed Clampett" on his Thistle a few times.... )