• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Returning to San Francisco

ignacio

Member III
Blogs Author
Our exploration of Kaua’i has reached it’s conclusion, and so it’s time to return this little expedition to our home port in the San Francisco Bay Area. Good bye feral chickens, kahlua pig, and shave ice; POG, and daily rain squalls where you still sweat while its raining. And of course, good bye to humuhumunukunukuāpuaʻa, which I must have practiced saying at least once each time I drove around the island. Good bye also to Talk Story, the only book store on the island of Kauai, where I happened to pick up my first copies of the Hornblower and Aubrey series (shame that I’ve only started reading these).

I’ll be departing in a bit, but my tracker will be on. See you on the other side.

http://share.delorme.com/IgnacioGonzalez

p.s. Yes, I got very distracted here and failed to post part IV on the blog. I’ll make it up on the return.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 625

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Good luck Ignacio, I'll be watching and cheering you on from my computer.;-)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Fair Winds and smooth seas (long period waves), and may the night time squalls miss you!
Regards,
Loren

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Have a wonderful and fulfilling return trip. May the seas be kind and the winds favorable.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
I hope and pray that you have an outstanding sail back. We'll be really looking forward to your write up on it.

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
?? He was heading west when I clicked on the link.

"Ignacio GonzalezWed Aug 17th, 20168:30:45 am

Fully overcast, light shifting wind. Motoring now. The mankini goes back into storage.

Speed: 4.90 ktsHeading: ESE
Elevation: -5.61 ftBatt: Normal
Lat: 40.152583Lon: -143.775308

<tbody>
</tbody>

Ignacio Gonzalez
Wed Aug 17th, 201610:40:45 am

SE not possible with 15 knots blowing from there now. Think I'm getting Rick-rolled by this high (*never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...*)
Speed: 3.25 kts Heading: E
Elevation: -12.27 ft Batt: Normal
Lat: 40.216860 Lon: -143.609633

Say I was researching a piece of gear earlier today and Google popped up one of Ignacio's videos. I thought... "Hey, I know (of) that guy!" Well sorta.

Last edited:

ignacio

Member III
Blogs Author
I'm just not sure I wanted this image of Ignacio in my head....

Awww, you're no fun. Neither was losing the autopilot for a day and trying to hand-steer at night in a flat calm. And having a toggle on one of the shrouds break. But you know, the welcoming committee yesterday, 4 or 5 pods of humpbacks in the Cordell Bank and (later) a field of thousands of bioluminescent jellyfish, somehow made it worth the trouble.

The return trip was far (far!) more demanding and had a greater variety of conditions and experience.

Attachments

• IMG_3044.jpg
    IMG_3044.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3128.jpg
    IMG_3128.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3257.jpg
    IMG_3257.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 66

Tomwine

Member II
watched your progress everyday from start of trip.

It was great to read your little notes while on the trip. I have been working on my 1974 E35 mk 2 hull 317 for about 4 months now and stories like yours sure make is easier to dig into projects. My list of things to do is getting smaller every month. Soon I will be able to use the boat for what is was designed for to SAIL.
Thanks for all of your help and answers to my questions Ignacio and Christian.
Tom

ignacio

Member III
Blogs Author
Picavet

I built a picavet and was able to send it up with my Go Pro knock off on a kite.

Attachments

• IG_Picavet_1.jpg
    IG_Picavet_1.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IG_Picavet_2.jpg
    IG_Picavet_2.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited: