• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Has anyone ever run aground in their 80s era Ericson?

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
Wow! Maybe I've been a overly critical of Ericson. Looks like the Beneteau keel was just attached to a cored hull without any kind of structural grid. I've always thought of the TFG as the real boat, with the hull just a way of keeping it afloat.

There are two types of sailors; those who HAVE run aground and those who WILL run aground!

:esad:

Too true, which I figured out after I jinxed myself. I was looking for the owner of a grounded boat on shore when, in response to a similar quote on FB "there are those who haven't run aground, and there are those who are sailors". I replied, "I haven't yet!". That very night a storm hit, my bouy line broke, and I found myself a sailor! LOL.

The 26 Eriscson drifted to shore, no keel damage, but diesel leaked through what I assume is the tank vent. Now, however, I am having a problem.... I start filling the tank and a pool of diesel forms in front of the engine..... a tank hose problem I hope?

What is super weird is that when I flush/pump the head, the bilge pump starts. The water level doesn't change, nor do I see water ripples in the bilge when this happens. Obviously there is another connector problem, hopefully, in the head-to-thru hull line. But this started after the grounding, never happened before. Weird!

If any of you have similar stories and even advice.... I am piggy-backing on the threads more general question.... Thank you! -Hallie

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Better not to spread same question in different threads. Confuses everything and means parallel responses.

If no satisfactory reply, or to reinvigorate a topic, just "bump" the original post (i.e., add a new message, which returns the thread to "new posts").