• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

On the hunt for an Ericson 38-2 in British Columbia/PNW

ofshore74

Member III
My attempt at approaching another 38-2 owner here in Vancouver about their boat with a query "would you ever consider selling your boat?!" failed miserably when I got a "NEVER!!!" in return. So I'm posting on here in the hopes there might be someone out there in my general area who would consider selling theirs. Many thanks!

ofshore74

Member III
Thanks for pointing that out. I had my eye on this for a while actually, I'm thinking the 84-87 designs I prefer more. But that being said, I'm going to look at a boat later today again and if that doesn't pan out I'll be writing this guy. The thing that I don't like about the 83 is the lack of bench seating. And in this particular one there's some sort of extra privacy door, maybe custom. Anyway thanks for bringing it to my attention again.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
There's one in Seattle that pops up on Craigslist from time to time, too. Asking $50k, I haven't heard that it sold, but it is not on Craigslist right now.

If it pops up again, I'll grab the link. Photos look really nice...

ofshore74

Member III
Thanks! I'm surprised that these boats can be purchased at such a reasonable price. Compared with the Pacific Seacraft 37 I'm looking at later today, it's like half-price for such a nice boat! Thinking the work involved with getting it up to snuff however will make up the other 30-40k in upgrades and repair in most cases, although I could be wrong in those numbers.

There's one in Seattle that pops up on Craigslist from time to time, too. Asking $50k, I haven't heard that it sold, but it is not on Craigslist right now.

If it pops up again, I'll grab the link. Photos look really nice...

ofshore74

Member III
Yes, I think it's sold. I have to admit the two person table is a bit weird, might be good for a chess game at sea - on a magnet board.

I think some did, some didn't. Probably an option.

Same goes for the split starboard settee, which on my boat is a straight bench but on others is divided by a two-person table that rises to make a bunk, like the big table.

This 1982 has both those features. Apparently it has been sold--I don;t see an active listing anywhere.

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoex...dition-for-sale-by-owner-in-Marina-Del-Rey-CA

wurzner

Member III
Shipping isn't a big deal

I brought my boat up from Alameda to Seattle for $3500. I sailed on SF bay for a week and then bubble wrapped everything and flew home. The boat showed up a week latter. It gave me a chance to check out all the wiring up top and wax the mast. I wouldn't shy away from shipping again. Great lake boats have a limited season and no salt...worth considering.