• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Pretty cool

bayhoss

Member III
Was refitting the anchor locker on my 1986 28.2 and in doing so had to remove the bulkhead at the bow. When I removed it I noticed a 1976 liberty dime that had been glued to the inside of the plywood bulkhead. When I replace the bulkhead the dime absolutely goes back. I wonder who at the factory put it there.

:egrin:

u079721

Contributing Partner
Well I don't know if the new owner of Rag Doll has ever pulled the mast, but when he does he'll find an actual silver "silver dollar" siliconed under the mast step. He better leave it there too, or I've no idea what wrath Neptune might visit upon him.

Phil MacFarlane

Member III
Yes thats is very cool!

In 2004 I pulled the mast off Sail a Vie in the slip using two neighbor's sailboats as cranes and enlisted the help of several other marina neighbors. The morning we put it back up (the same way) my next door neighbor Rick ran over to his boat and grabbed a real silver, silver dollar. I put it on the step and a few months later I won the single handed trans pac. The coin is still there and Rick is still my neighbor.

bayhoss

Member III
Wow! Bigger boats really do mean more money! I have a 28 and got a dime, you guys are talking silver dollars! :egrin::egrin:

bayhoss

Member III
Safe and sound!

I have it at home, when I replace the bulkhead it goes right back where it was. That's where it started and that's where it stays!:egrin: