• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bay Area Raft Up

rogerfern

Member II
Any Ericson boaters interested in doing a raft up? getting together to share stories?

Roger
Ericson 30 Plus
Marina Village Yacht Harbor
Alameda, Ca

Sure, sounds like fun. Want to all get together at Angel Island and have a picnic together? There is a Facebook group called Ericson Fleet One that has a few Ericson owners on it who might want to get together too.

Mike

Guy Stevens

Love to!

We would love to,

Is there a way we could do the raft up in an anchorage with a little more water than Angel Island?

Getting our 46 into Ayala Cove is a real pain in the transom.

I tried doing this a few years ago, and had no takers, would love to be part of a big raft up and story swap!

Guy and Melissa
SV Aiki
Ericson 46

Guy Stevens

Facebook and here

Ok we seem to have some interest in a raft up.

We would love to participate!

Having a 46 makes Angel Island a little difficult for us as there is nowhere in the cove that will accommodate our 7.5' draft. We could do it, but we would have to anchor out farther, and would rather pick a spot where we can all raft together at least for a cool photo or two... If calm maybe a bit of raft up partying.

Guy and Melissa
Aiki

Last edited:

Phil MacFarlane

Member III
Hey Guy,
I feel bad no one is responding. I would love to get together but my boat in Redwood City is completely stripped in the middle of a major refit and paint job. We could meet in Turtle Bay Baja Ca. around November 3rd :)

Guy Stevens

Ok that works for the fall raft up, but what about the summer anyone :)

Ok turtle bay around November 3?

Sounds about right, maybe a tiny bit early with the weather we have been having on the planet lately, but it sounds like a plan.

Seriously, we will meet you there, we might have to work on the dates a little as we get closer.

What about the Summer rendeveau?

How about Paradise Cove Some time in July? Not the 4th..... For the rest of us.

Guy and Melissa

rogerfern

Member II
Thank you, great idea

Sorry for late response, being out of town, sounds like a great idea, I also have not anchored there, let us know
Thanks again!!

dwigle

Member III
It's been a while since I've been on, but the idea of a get together sounds good. Paradise Cove is a decent anchorage for one boat at a time, but I wouldn't want to raft there. It can get rolly in the morning when the ferries start running.

Don
Wiggle Room
E38

Guy Stevens

That is true there is a lot of rolling over there.

Can anyone think of a better venue, that would be easy access for everyone to get into. (Deeper than our Keels), and could allow us to raft together at least for a cool photo?

I guess that we could give up on the rafting idea, I just thought it might be a fun way for us all to check out each others boats. Something that we used to do in the PNW.

Thanks,
Guy
:)

mfield

Member III
I guess that we could give up on the rafting idea,
:)

It's July on the San Francisco Bay, 52 degrees, fog rolling through the Golden Gate and a small craft advisory for the whole weekend.

I did not get to go and check out the anchorage at Paradise Cove but I think for an afternoon of admiring others boats, ingenuity and drinking a few glasses of red wine (reduced cooling requirement) it would be fine. How about the weekend of August 13th?

rogerfern

Member II
Anchor out

We can always anchor out, that is another option, correct, I was in city last Friday, foggy and windy.
Thinking of heading from Alameda to Benicia Marina on Sunday, spending night and heading back on Tuesday.

Wolfemusic

Bettina
I would be interested in meeting up at some point. Currently getting "bettina" sailable. Hopefully be out on the water soon.

Phil MacFarlane

Member III
Congrats on the purchase! No I'm not a former owner but I raced against Bettina in the 2000 Single Handed Trans Pac. Clay Gwin was the owner then. A few years after that race Clay contacted me to say he was selling her. I told another friend about her and He (Pat) ended up buying her. Then quite a few years ago Pat sold her.

Good to "see" her back! Best of luck with her.

Phil

Wolfemusic

Bettina
Thanks phil! I read up on clay and the race bio a little bit. I was hoping he was still a visitor on this board as i had some questions that im sure he knows the answer too. Bettina needs some work but Im excited about getting her going...the wife and I just took her out today in the south bay for a bit.

Surfun

raft up

Im game almost anytime as I am retired and or my son would enjoy all with younger groups as he is 28-we both have E29