• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Owner E 35 Mk 2 1974 Yanmar YGM30F Introduction

Tomwine

Member II
Purchased this boat off of Craigslist a couple of months ago. PO sailed boat 1 time in 5 years. Boat was priced way below market but was in need of a lot of repair. Since purchasing boat I have replaced complete interior upholstery. Pulled motor great running yanmar 3GM30f out and removed and replaced old stringers, motor mounts and repainted bilge. Complete oil and fluid changes. Fixed 3 soft spots in deck. Replaced all thru hulls and sea cocks. Bottom is getting complete power wash sand and paint free of charge due to settlement on tanker oil spill next to my marina. No blisters on bottom at all best thing I have heard since purchase. Next is complete update on head.
I just wanted to thank everyone in these forums for all of the information that has been posted here. There is no price to place on the value of information you can get on this site about Ericson's.
If anyone has any information on this boat please pass it on to me. I still have a long way to go to get this boat up to my expectations but so far it has been a labor of love. I live in Las Vegas and the boat is in Wilmington Ca so it is not easy for me to just hop in my car to do a little work on my boat.
I have been a big fan of Bruce King designs for many years. My brother was the builder of a Bruce King designed boat called ZAP 27. We built about 7 of these boats back in the early 80s. There are still quite a few of these fast boats still sailing. The company was Called Winesett Yachts. Still info on internet about them.
Again Thanks everyone for all of the fine information posted on this site.
Tom Winesett
1974 E 35mk 2
Hull 317
Wilmington Ca

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Welcome aboard Tom!

You just can't beat the Ericson owners group for helpful input on all things Viking!
Rick

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Welcome!

And cool to meet the family behind the Zap boats. Amazingly fast and fun boats.