2 non boaters made it 950 miles from Wisconsin to TN

Lorih

Member I
We were called nuts. But what else do you do when you live in tn and buy a boat in northern Wisconsin? You bring her home. We learned an awful lot about wing dams. Current, anchoring, bridge heights and how much fun we can still have together. Neither of us would do it again but looking back it was the best of times. Hoping to take the next year to fix her up..as we found a few of her short co.ings. Don't anchor on the mississippi with no mast lights. Don't plan on baking in the oven, enjoy the head backing up, and know you can get home with an over heating motor if you never push her.
You can clear a 57 ft bridge with a 55 ft mast plus Antena
. ..but best to not look.
You get broken fingers.from an anchor line that gets you.
We had a hellofa learning curve and now that she is home its on to learning to sail.hopefully in a year or 2 we will be able to TN Tom it to the ocean. We should have done this decades agoreceived_10153733845058892.jpgreceived_10153733845308892.jpgFB_IMG_1463183184972.jpg20160501_105648.jpg20160501_092232.jpg

kari

Member III
Well that was just a tease . . . I hope there's more to the story . . . and more pics . . .! Sounds great so far . . . . :)

Lorih

Member I
Well that was just a tease . . . I hope there's more to the story . . . and more pics . . .! Sounds great so far . . . . :)
Lots more to the story.
We became pretty infamous as that southbound sailboat.. ...and I have quite a few pictures. I'd be happy to share our adventure. Can't wait for the next one!

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Awesome! Good on ya!

When you get to Mobile look me up, first round is on me!
Rick