• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Head inlet above water

rpm

Member II
My thru hull for the head intake is exactly one half out of the water. It sucks air obviously. I guess the boat got lighter over the last 30 years. Actually the original water line Plintel was painted almost four inches below where she rides today. I guess I will stick a rubber hose in the hole and wait for the derision. Otherwise flush with a bucket of water. E28 Seattle.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
My thru hull for the head intake is exactly one half out of the water. It sucks air obviously. I guess the boat got lighter over the last 30 years. Actually the original water line Plintel was painted almost four inches below where she rides today. I guess I will stick a rubber hose in the hole and wait for the derision. Otherwise flush with a bucket of water. E28 Seattle.

Interesting. I have never before seen a production boat with an intake thru-hull that was right at (or above) the waterline. That would be "highly illogical" as Mr Spock might have put it.

Gotta wonder if this particular thru-hull was re-purposed by a prior owner. (?)
When you go cruising and visit the Rendezvous, be sure to load some anvils on that side of your boat.... :0

Loren

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
I agree with Loren, on my E-26 the "Exit" through hull for jettisoning the contents of the holding tank is right about at water line. What size is the through hull? If its larger than about 3/4" I'd say your system might be plumbed backwards, with the inlet and outlet having been swapped.

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
87' E28 Head Thru Hull Locations

On my 87' there are three head thru hulls. Upper larger one is for overboard waste discharge. Lower one is for head intake. Middle is the drain for the sink. All of them well below the water line.

Attachments

• PICT0039 (640x480).jpg
    PICT0039 (640x480).jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 21
  • PICT0041 (640x480).jpg
    PICT0041 (640x480).jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 49

rpm

Member II
Interesting

On my 87' there are three head thru hulls. Upper larger one is for overboard waste discharge. Lower one is for head intake. Middle is the drain for the sink. All of them well below the water line.
That is interesting. It does sound like my head inlet is connected to my sink drain. Here I go this weekend to find out. Never occurred to me.

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Some owners have re-plumbed the head intake to the sink drain. They run water into the sink with the seacock closed then get a fresh water flush. The result is a much better smelling holding tank.

rpm

Member II
Interesting

That is interesting. It does sound like my head inlet is connected to my sink drain. Here I go this weekend to find out. Never occurred to me.

rpm

Member II
Now I get it

i see. The flush becomes fresh water when rigged to the drain. Very good. Problem solved. Thanks all.