• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

In-boom "stoppers" for reef-lines?

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
This picture in another thread reminded me....

My boom doesn't have the stoppers for the reef-lines. The gooseneck and reef-line sheaves are the same as in the photo, but the levers are missing.

Anyone have a set that they're not using, and/or have a link to where I might find a couple?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Photo%20Apr%2024,%205%2026%2038%20PM.jpg
    Photo%20Apr%2024,%205%2026%2038%20PM.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 399

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
I have the same stoppers on my kenyon boom, and while they look like a good idea, the truth is I find them to be of little worth. They are not easy to use and they don't hold well either, but rather have a tenancy to allow line creep and or get stuck, plus their location makes for an odd position to pull from. I would not bother replacing them personally as I see mine as suitable only for a backup system which might be used in a pinch if something else went wrong and I needed and extra cam cleat on the cabin top.
I can however also see a certain charm in wanting to restore the complete factory system to original even if not always used, rigrite might have them in stock, but you could probably have them cnc machined locally for the price they will want for them. :esad: