• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 29

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Our little Yacht Club in little old Port Angeles (Population 19,000) is getting into the swing of the Ericson thing. The Club just bought an Ericson 29 at auction for use by the club members. I'm going down to check it out today and change all the filters. It has a newish Yanmar in it. We are scheduled to bring it out to PA tomorrow. We will have three Ericsons in the Club now. My 34-2, Bruce Cuttings 35-2 and now the Club 29. Great fun!

geoff

Congrats! What year is it? Got a pic? You're here, so you already know how great Ericson's are....and yes, I am admittedly biased....but the 29 is truly one of the best sailors of the bunch imho. I am the proud owner of a 1976 E29. I'm guessing you guys are going to really enjoy it. Having the Yanmar is a bonus as well. Great addition. Enjoy!

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Three of us plus two of the junior members delivered it from Sequim to Port Angeles. That's about a 25 mile trip. The word was heavy tides and lightish winds. We have a very active youth program that supports the High School Sailing Team and the Naval ROTC. We use Vanguard 15's, FJ's A Caprie and various donated dinghies. The 29 will be primarily for training adults and use of qualified adults. The Vanguards are tough to train adults in as they dump you in the drink with any mistake (our drink is 52 degrees). Teenagers don't care but adults have more sense.

This 29 is a '72 model. It has a 130, a genoa cut 70 and a spinnaker. All sails are in decent shape. All halyards are led aft so it's ready to race. The interior cushions have been relegated to the dumpster and the topsides need paint. For a price of $4,000 we think it was a steal. There's enough experience in our club to bring this boat back to pristine shape at minimal cost. The 70 will be used for initial training then trainees will "graduate" to the 130.

I like the way this boat sails. I like the cockpit that will seat 6 comfortably and I absolutely love the tiller. Its one thing I miss in my 34. All in all a great boat. :egrin:

I am a long ways from home at the second. I have some pics on my PC. I will post some when I return.

Last edited: