• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Inspected a 32-3 photo'ed areas of concern

ofshore74

Member III
I'm not a surveyor just tried to capture and document areas I thought might be a concern for a 32-3 I'm considering. Here is the list, there's a link with images below that:

- pulpit bent, collision
- tip of bow: cracks
- pulpit meets deck, cracks
- water damage portside: all along the wood, curtain runners fell out of wood it's so delaminated, soft - started from mast
- engine rebuilt over 10 years ago (600hrs) quite loud/clunky sounding - thought universals were quieter
- steering gland greased, where fittings connect it's heavily corroded
- pressure cracks in cockpit
- traveler damaged?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx6tzmnoism-X2EtWUhxUS1uUGs

Not sure how many of these might be deal-breakers, or if this is a money pit, regular maintenance done, corners cut here and there, natural gas oven, I'm 6'1 felt a bit cramped. Could be all the dark wood feels like a cavern. Anyway, initial thoughts and documentation of my trip today for those curious or inclined to advise. Cheers.

Edit: titled it 32-2 meant 3.

Last edited:

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Those look like normal issues for a 30-year-old boat to me. Probably all boats have cracks like that and bent rails-stanchions. Patch the cracks if you don't like them and bend the rail back if it bothers you - the boat will not care either way. The cause of the water damage should be found and stopped; it's likely something simple but it can take a long time to track it down. Looks like great tank and engine access, lots of time that's half the problem.