• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

alcohol stove pressure

JDK_MN

We just purchased a 1980 30+ last fall. It has a pressure alcohol stove in it. What should the pressure be put to for use?:confused:

escapade

Inactive Member
stove preasure

I had a 1980 30+ w/alcohol stove, also. We used to pump it to about 25 PSI and that would give a reasonable time period between pumping. would function fine to about 6 or 7 PSI. We would only add 1 to 2 quarts at a time as the more air volume you keep in the tank the longer you can go between pump-ups, also. My wike baked pies, cobblers, ham's, etc. in our's when we would go on our cruise to the North Channel. Functioned very well, all in all. Check to see that the hose that goes between tank & stove is in good condition. Our's was deteriorated badly!
Have fun & sail fast
Bud E34 "Escapade"

Ken Haneline

Member II
Cooking on Board

We have a 1980 30+. I brought the stove home to clean and the "boss" threw out the stove stating that she wasn't cooking anything! I was also told that if I want anything warmed up, then buy her a microwave for the boat. Good luck! Ken

JDK_MN

Thanks! We will actually be using the stove but didn't
want to add too much pressure and then have the
entire thing blow up or something. Good idea though to
check the hose. Apple pie this weekend! :egrin:

leighton

Member I
The alcohol tank with our stove has a label stating 15psi maximum. We have had no problems using the stove & oven at that pressure. There used to be a steady leak of pressure, until I used a bit of sandpaper on the inlet seal for the tank. Now it will hold pressure for months on end when not in use.