• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Stanchion Bases

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
I have a couple available with backing plates. Four are in good shape and one would have to be straightened and re-welded. I also have some stanchions. These are from an 81' E-28+.

Attachments

• PICT0021 (800x600).jpg
    PICT0021 (800x600).jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 250

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
More Picts

I'll try to get more pictures later.

Attachments

• PICT0011.jpg
    PICT0011.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 242

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Bent plates can be straightened pretty easily in a vise - sometimes with a shim or three placed strategically to get that last little kink out.

Chip

stanchion replacement

I'll try to get more pictures later.

I need some stanchion bases, a pair of gate stanchions and a 24" upright. Do you know what brand name these older ones are? I see one may be a newer Schaeffer base.
Thanks, Chip Virginia, 1989 E35 MKII

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Bases, Gate and Upright

No ID on the bases to indicate the manufacturer. I have two gates and three 24" upright stanchions.

garryh

Member III
just a quick comment on stanchion bases as I am dealing with this now in a recore project. All the stanchion bases on my 35-2 are 'closed'... as in the SS tube is welded all around onto the base plate with no drain holes. I have seen some open at the bottom with a bit of a fold in the base plate to allow for drainage. Without drainage, these will fill with water, freeze solid and split if not drained before the winter in northern climes. I am taking mine to a machine shop over the winter and having a 3/16 hole drilled in the sidewall of each near the base. A hole in the actual bottom does not work with the flat base plate.