• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

FREE One wrap of 3/16" synthetic flax packing for stuffing box

Macgyro

Amazingly Still Afloat
Blogs Author
attachment.php
attachment.php

If anyone wants a 8 1/2" length of 3/16" synthetic braid flax packing, plus 3 cut segments for a 3/4" shaft, please let me know. I'll throw it into an envelope and send it to you in exchange for a little good Karma for not throwing it into the landfill. This isn't enough to completely replace your stuffing, but a little extra in case you need it.

Here's the story in case you're bored. I had bought both 1/8" and 3/6" because I didn't know what size I needed. When I pushed the 3/16" into the nut, it seemed to fit perfectly, so I slithered out of the engine compartment, went down the ladder to the ground, and cut 3 segments around the outside segment of the prop shaft where the air is easier to breathe and I'm not all folded up.

When I got the segments back into the engine compartment, they encircled the shaft perfectly, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the packing pushed past the threads of the nut :confused:. Then I did what should have been the first step, and compared the different sizes to the shredded old flax. Turns out the 1/8" was the right size, so now I have one buggered-up segment of 3/16", two better segments, plus the 8.5" segment that I can't find anything to do with.

My email is macgyro@yahoo.com. If you want to give me an address where you can receive it, I'll send it out in a couple days. First come, first serve. And I'll try to delete this once it's claimed.

Cheers,
Dean

Attachments

• IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 114