• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1973 Ericson 27 $11,500. obo

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
1973 Ericson 27 For Sale! Well I'm pulling the trigger. "Pride Of Cucamonga" is for sale. I have been putting this off for about three years now but the time has come. I have long term retirement plans to get a larger boat (live aboard) and hopefully do some extensive cruising. I gotta tell ya, I feel like i'm cutting off a appendage or breaking off a serious relationship. This is gonna be hard but here goes.

1973 Ericson 27 lovingly restored and cared for the past 14 years.
Asking $11,500. obo If interested send me a PM.

See my listing here with more photos:
http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/56745

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/boa/5526769088.html

Many upgrades include:

New Standing Rigging 2004
New Prop 2003
New Sails 2004
New interior cushions 2005
Added Furuno 1622 Radar 2004
New Head & Holding 2003
New 12 Gallon Fuel Tank 2011
New Batteries 2013
Bottom painted April 2014
New Macerator Pump 2014

Dimensions
LOA: 27 ft 0 in
Beam: 9 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 11 in

ENGINE:
Inboard Diesel
Yanmar Model: 1GM10
8.3 HP
With custom fresh water flushing system

TANKS:
Fresh Water Tank: 18 Gallons
Fuel Tank 12 Gallons
Holding Tank 12 Gallons

ACCOMADITIONS:
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 1

ELECTRONICS
Furuno 1622 Radar 16 mile
Standard Horizon Depth 300ft
Raymarine ST60 Wind Speed Indicator
GPS Magellan Meridian Marine interfaced with Tiller Pilot & DSC VHF
VHF Radio Fixed Sea Ranger DSC
MP3 Stereo iPod ready 200 watt
Speakers 6” X 9“ 2 - Pioneer 150 watt
Compass Plastimo Mini Contest
Barometer Bay Berk Night Watch
Brass Ships Time Clock
Auto Pilot Simrad Tiller Pilot TP22
Amplified UFO TV / FM Antenna on starboard spreader

BATTERIES:
Deep Cycle 2 - 75 amp hour each
Battery Starting 650 amp
Battery Charger 10 amp 3 Stage Guest

PUMPS:
Whale Gusher
Rule Electric Automatic 500 GPM

SAILS & RIGGING:
All standing rigging replaced in 2004
Tiller Steering
Sails are only 11 years old and well cared for.
Lee Sails
Cross Cut Furling Genoa 140% 6.5m Dacron
Full Batten Main 6.5m Dacron 2 sets of reef points
Harken Roller Furling
Main Sail Traveler
Boom Vang
Jib Sheet Winches
Main Halyard & Vang lead to cockpit
Whisker Pole

HEAD:
Jabsco Manual Marine head
Jabsco Macerator Pump
Holding Tank 12 Gallons

SHORE POWER:
Shore power 30 amp with 2 breakers
7 - 110 volt outlets including one in the battery compartment and one in the cockpit locker

GROUND TACKEL:
Danfourth Bow Anchor 14lb
40 feet Chain
300 feet rode
Danfourth 14lb Stern Anchor
30 feet Chain
150 feet rode
Bow Roller

EXTRAS:
Cockpit Cushions
Barbecue Force 10
Starboard side Boarding Ladder (storable)

Attachments

• -Under Sail 1.jpg
    -Under Sail 1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 137
  • -Under Sail 2.jpg
    -Under Sail 2.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Cockpit 2.jpg
    Cockpit 2.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 396
  • Cuc at Dock.jpg
    Cuc at Dock.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Interior 1.jpg
    Interior 1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

kari

Member III
Probably the nicest 27 I've ever seen . . . Someone's going to get a great boat . . . I totally get the emotional side of this for you, as a fellow e27 owner since I joined here in 2008 you have always been one of the e27 guys I could always count on regular good and fun contributions . . . Can't wait to see what you get next, will be following closely . . . Mike L :):egrin:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Probably the nicest 27 I've ever seen . . . Someone's going to get a great boat . . . I totally get the emotional side of this for you, as a fellow e27 owner since I joined here in 2008 you have always been one of the e27 guys I could always count on regular good and fun contributions . . . Can't wait to see what you get next, will be following closely . . . Mike L :):egrin:

Well thank you Mike L. There is a good possibility my next boat may just be a larger more livable sized Ericson. Ericson's are on my short list of production boats, that's for sure. :egrin:

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Best boats to buy and the best buy in boats is on that was loved. Yours is one of the best Jeff. Can't wait to see what you end up with. Too big is more work to single hand. Good luck to you!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Too big is more work to single hand.

Agreed Grant. I'm looking in the 34' to 40' max range. Preferably full keel. I have also thought a larger boat with a tiller vs a wheel may be a option that would allow me to single and it easier. Liz Clark has been single handing her Cal 40' for years. Many Cal 40's have tillers. But I'm not saying that a Cal 40 has made my short list yet. Looking at Ericsson 36C, PSC 37's, Cape Dory 37's, Bayfield 36's are a few boats on my short list.

http://swellvoyage.com

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Liz Clark is a young "tuff gal" and the Cal 40 a great boat. Totally agree on the tiller! But then I am a minimalist when it comes to boats. I was once told that the amount of time sailing is inversely proportional to the length of the boat. Seams to be somewhat true but I think you have to factor in the area of the body of water that said sailing is done.
Anyways, in my looking about for that "next boat", if it ever happens, I noticed that some of the larger Wylies (34,37-39 ft.) have tillers. They are also fast boats -but then what's the hurry.
I will truly miss your E27 posts on both sites. Owning the same model boat is an undeniable bond.

Keep us posted on what you end up with! Happy sailing.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Liz Clark is a young "tuff gal" and the Cal 40 a great boat. Totally agree on the tiller! But then I am a minimalist when it comes to boats. I was once told that the amount of time sailing is inversely proportional to the length of the boat. Seams to be somewhat true but I think you have to factor in the area of the body of water that said sailing is done.
Anyways, in my looking about for that "next boat", if it ever happens, I noticed that some of the larger Wylies (34,37-39 ft.) have tillers. They are also fast boats -but then what's the hurry.
I will truly miss your E27 posts on both sites. Owning the same model boat is an undeniable bond.

Keep us posted on what you end up with! Happy sailing.

Thanks Grant, I'm sure I will continue to check in here and the Ericson 27 Owners FB page long into the future. Hell I've been on this site since 2003. It is my hope page and I would miss it dearly. Who know maybe there is another larger Ericson in my future. Too early to say right now. I may be boatless for a year or more. Taking my time shopping. :egrin:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Can it be?

Jeff, you are one of the senior Ericson members. Sorry to hear you're selling Pride of Cucamonga! I hope another E boat is in your future (with that tiller).
Rick

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Jeff, you are one of the senior Ericson members. Sorry to hear you're selling Pride of Cucamonga! I hope another E boat is in your future (with that tiller).
Rick

Thank you Rick, I have enjoyed following your adventures and posts over the years as well. I am drooling over some E-38's and possibly a 39-B now. Ericson's are still on my short list. So I will most likely be around for a while. Might be boatless for a couple of years while I build up my cruising kitty. I'm prepared to say goodbye to the Pride. She has served me well for the past 14 years. Not just selling her, but eventually my house as well. That will also be hard to part with when the time comes. In the mean time this forum is still my homepage.

Cheers :cheers: