• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Propeller Needed For 32-2 w/ gas Atomic 4

BilgeRat

My son and I are going to get his '75 32-2 on the water this summer that we have been working on for too many years. He bought it for $1.00 on Craigslist when he was 11 - he is 18 now! The boat sank in a storm and had a dozen or so holes below the water line... all are fixed now. The propellor was busted in two - we hope to find one used as the funds this summer for the project are low. The original was a two bladed plastic prop. Moyer Marine says a 12 x 6 or 12 x 7 should do the trick. The shaft size is 3/4".

Please contact us if you can help.

Thanks!

Attachments

• EbbensA4.jpg
    EbbensA4.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 86
  • slideworkmotorbria.jpg
    slideworkmotorbria.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
12 rh 9

I've got a bronze 12 RH 9 for a 3/4" shaft if you're interested. I also have a bronze 13 RH 13, 3/4" shaft available if anyone is looking.

BilgeRat

I've got a bronze 12 RH 9 for a 3/4" shaft if you're interested. I also have a bronze 13 RH 13, 3/4" shaft available if anyone is looking.

Thank you very much for such a quick reply, but I think we need a prop with a little less bite. I recall hearing these motors like to run higher on the tach so that they don't load up, and show a little more h.p. too. Thanks anyways. I really appreciate you thinking of us...

Jay and Ebben

JPS27

Member III
I sent you a pm. I'll look for my folding prop pics and upload them here or I can email or pm them. They might be what you are looking for. Hopefully because I've been looking to sell (for a good deal :)).
Jay

BilgeRat

Thanks Paul,

The primary reasons for a 2 blade for us is #1, that is what was on the boat initially, and #2 a 2 blade is cheaper - that is the one for us for now. Just trying to get a push out from a mooring and back.... nothing too serious here!

Thanks for your thoughts!

J & E

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Well, I switched from a two-blade to the Indigo prop. The prop walk is reduced, but not eliminated. It seemed to me that there was also greatly reduced thrust in reverse, at least at lower RPM that one (preferably) uses in the marina.

Come to think of it, I left that old prop on consignment at the chandlery a couple of years ago, and never heard back from them...

BilgeRat

Well, I switched from a two-blade to the Indigo prop. The prop walk is reduced, but not eliminated. It seemed to me that there was also greatly reduced thrust in reverse, at least at lower RPM that one (preferably) uses in the marina.

Come to think of it, I left that old prop on consignment at the chandlery a couple of years ago, and never heard back from them...

I tried to find an Indigo but have come up empty handed. though I think our budget only supports the props that those nifty Idigo's replaced!

j & e

frick

Member III
12 x 6

My E29 with the A4 had a 3/4 shaft and 12x6 Folding Martec...
sorry that prop is long gone.. I repowered with a Yanmar 2gm20f with a one inch shaft.

FYI I shopped hard on ebay and picked up a Freshwater Martec Eliptical 3 for only $125. I put on new pin and and Monel cotterpins and I have been using it for the that 12 years.

Rick+

67rway

Member II
I have a 10L10 that I had behind an A4 on a prior boat...

Attachments

• IMG_1898.JPG
    IMG_1898.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3803.jpg
    IMG_3803.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3805.jpg
    IMG_3805.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 3