• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Seeking rub rail end cap for 1976 23' Ericson

Gunwale Seeker

Hello All,

I am seeking rub rail end caps (1 or 2 is fine) for 1976 Ericson 23' sailboat. They are not 90 degrees, maybe around 125-135 degree angle. The hull id is:

ERY23310M76C

End Cap.jpgIMG_0552.jpg

Thank you.

Billy

Last edited:

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
End Caps

I have two off of an 81 E 28+. They measure 2.5" across and each leg is 3.5" long. They are in need of refinishing. They also have four screw holes. I can be more precise if it will help.

Gunwale Seeker

End Cap

I have two off of an 81 E 28+. They measure 2.5" across and each leg is 3.5" long. They are in need of refinishing. They also have four screw holes. I can be more precise if it will help.

May not work. The one I need is 1 7/8"wide and each leg is 1 3/4" from inside edge. Really appreciate you reaching out. Thank you. Billy

Tomarland

Member I
Rub rail end caps

Alcast Foundry in Redondo Beach, CA may be able to make it for you............if you have the old one even if is broken. It will be a solid casting and will need to be polished and anodized. Another long shot is Taco Marine. Some West Marine stores have a sample "ring" and you could see if anything will work. Another long shot is Garhauer. They might be able to make it out of stainless.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If no easy solution, cast the original in plaster and use the mold to reproduce it in resin.

Paint with Rustoleum silver. It will look good.