• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

West of the West - Tales from California’s Channel Islands

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I just pre ordered my copy of this. West of the West - Tales from California’s Channel Islands. Can't wait to see it. I have sailed to Santa Cruz and Anacapa Islands several times when I had a boat up in Channel Islands Harbor. Fascinating beautiful and mysterious preserved part of California's coast.

http://www.thecifilm.com/dvds.html

West of the West is filmmaking of the highest quality as it explains a largely unknown part of America’s history.

Glorious cinematography, an original music score, and fascinating interviews from 70 days of filming are woven together into 14 revealing, memorable Tales about the human history of California’s eight Channel Islands.

The film opened in Santa Barbara to two sold out audiences of 2,000 people each in March 2016 and it has been receiving acclaim ever since.

Three years in the making, the film is also presented in three one-hour programs created for PBS stations in spring 2016.

The DVDs will begin shipping on April 15, 2016.

The Tales are told from the point of view of the people who’ve experienced the Channels – lived on, wrecked on, dived under, filmed, raised children, bootlegged, fished, surfed, sailed, explored and restored --- this remarkable saga began 14,000 years ago, includes a thriving Chumash maritime culture, and continues today.

The 14 Tales on the DVD:

Arlington Springs Man
Cache
Dark Water
First Contact – The Voyage of Cabrillo
Graveyard of Ships
Magic Isle
Once Upon a Time
Restoration
Rotation
Shark Park
The Doctor and The Rock Star