• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

The cabin table need parts....looks original from the 1970's

lonokai

Member III
Please see the attached photos of the cabin table I cleaned and reinstalled. In general, it appears to be in excellent shape, except for the two metal stands for the port side of the table. The stands and the hardware (as you can see in the photo) are rusted. Has anyone ever replaced these? and...do you have a potential source? I suppose I could refashion one with parts from Home Depot....but I would like original stuff if possible.

Also, in the other photo are the latches, into which the table fits. The question there is: Is there supposed to be a screw or something to hold it in place? Right now it sits in the metal "holder." I see a hole with no threads that looks like it could hold a screw to keep the table from flying about.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks

Eric
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 385

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That ss formed plate that the underside of the table clips into looks identical to the ones on our former 26 foot boat.
Back in the day, these were likely sourced from RV industry suppliers. Nowadays I might check with Camping World and similar RV parts places for replacements.

Loren

tenders

Innocent Bystander
You could save yourself a lot of hassle by removing the leg, sanding off the major rust, coating it with Ospho rust converter...and spraypainting it black. It'll be good for ten years or more.

markvone

Sustaining Member
Found it! Maybe

Here is a closer match, I think:

http://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-2...455205488&sr=8-12&keywords=folding+table+legs

Although the one Don references is cheaper and has a higher rating!

The only reason I can think of to NOT change is the possible re-use of the existing screw holes which is really no big deal even if they are visible, a little less work.

I have to admit, I highly lean toward the EXACT replacement part for no rational reason. I've been able to upgrade to known better versions with just a little therapy. :)

Mark

davisr

Member III
You might want to scrap the idea of restoring the existing table and start over with a new one. Ericsons are quality boats, but these tables that existed as (expensive) options for the E25 and E27 are cheap in appearance and cheap in craftsmanship. My new table is super sturdy. I keep it bolted to the bulkhead all the time, even though I designed it to be removable.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Here's how I did it.

http://www.ericson25.com/2013/01/main-salon-table-custom-mahogany.html

Attachments

• DSCN2751.JPG
    DSCN2751.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCN2757.JPG
    DSCN2757.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 306

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The stands and the hardware (as you can see in the photo) are rusted.

So I am the only one who would sand then, spray with primer, spray with Rustoleum in color of choice, and be finished in two hours?

Glyn Judson

It is easy, most of it.

Eric, Don't despair, most every task on your boat is comprised of many little tasks, you can do it. Glyn

907Juice

Continuously learning
You might want to scrap the idea of restoring the existing table and start over with a new one. Ericsons are quality boats, but these tables that existed as (expensive) options for the E25 and E27 are cheap in appearance and cheap in craftsmanship. My new table is super sturdy. I keep it bolted to the bulkhead all the time, even though I designed it to be removable.

Here's how I did it.

http://www.ericson25.com/2013/01/main-salon-table-custom-mahogany.html

wow dude! Thank you for this link. I have a 25+ which I know is a bit different. But, the ideas and step by step directions are huge. Mine is a bit of a starter boat that has lots of room for improvement.

lnill

Member III
The stands and the hardware (as you can see in the photo) are rusted.

So I am the only one who would sand then, spray with primer, spray with Rustoleum in color of choice, and be finished in two hours?
I did a blend. I refinished the clip with rustoleum and replaced the legs with new plated material that I found somewhere (??? Big box store? Amazon? Can't remember). Anyway, it was an exact replacement and was like new.

Becca

Flip up table on E27

Hi All,
My table has hinges that flip the whole shootin' match to the bulkhead but no way to keep it secured.
Pretty sure I have holes for the type of brackets that were shown in pictures in the first post to this thread. I followed the link to Amazon where the brackets could be purchased. A few questions..

1) was the flip up table original to the E27 cabin?

2) if so, what is the way to secure the table in the up position? If not original, what are some suggestion for securing as I have nothing else on the bulkhead yet.

3) Assuming I switch to the brackets that allow for table removal, where do you put the table?

I am going to be living aboard so the table is not really handy for just me and gets in the way a lot but I still want the option in case I find I use it more.'
Best,
Becca

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
E-27 Table

My 73' E-27 had the split flip up table. To secure it in the up position there was a hook mounted on the bulkhead that engaged an eye on the table.

olsenjohn

John Olsen
Blogs Author
I have the original table with hardware in good shape on my 73 E25. I plan on copying the work done by DavisR when I replace it. I'll sell you the parts for $500. :)

Just kidding of course. You pay shipping and I will send you them. Just send me the details of exactly what you want, address, and how to handle the transaction in a private message

I have portlights too.