• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

What do you do when you find another boat tied to you?

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
I finally made it back to check on my boat. The "new" sailboat was still attached. Didn't look like anything was changed. Their anchor line was wrapped up in my mooring. After unsuccessful attempts to get anything done by law enforcement- Sheriff said to cut it loose- marine patrol said not to and asked if I was on a legally permitted mooring
icon5.gif
-coast guard didn't even return my call. So, taking in all the advice that I got from my friends on here, I towed it to a nearby derilict boat that had a warning sticker on it from the marine patrol. Tied it to it and never looked back. OK I did look back, was that my chance to upgrade? Oh well, it wasn't an Ericson anyways. Thanks for everyones help!

I had a feeling the FWC guys would say that. At least you got divorced from the derelict (boat that is):nerd:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It may be that this boat will move from place to place indefinitely--it didn't happen to be named, "Flying Dutchman"?

2ericson27s

Member I
"Afternoon Delight" SUNK

Sad Update; The sailboat that was tied to mine at one time is resting peacefully on the bottom of the intracoastal. I'm assuming the owner removed it from the derilect vessel about a month ago, It was moved back near mine and sank within the last two weeks. Its sitting in 15 ft of water/mud. I'm really starting to wonder if my choice of moorings was a good one. I'm going to try and post a couple pictures

Bill Kitchens

E27 in Ft Lauderdale

I have my Ericson 27 moored in the ICW just South of St. Augustine Fl. I go to check on it every other weekend during the winter. I go there yesterday, paddle out there on my kayak, and to my surprise theres now a larger sailboat tied up to mine. Looks like it may have broken loose from somewhere. Their anchor line may be tangled up with my mooring, and someone looped part of it around one of my stern cleats. I designed my mooring to hopefully hold my boat, not two. What course should I take? The boat is all locked up, I'm not sure how to find the owner. Call the marine patrol? Cut her loose?(just kidding) I posted an ad in Craigslist in the lost and found section and the boat section. Can I charge rent? Put in a salvage request? Any ideas would be appreciated
Does it have a valid State Decal Police can tell you who the owner is.