• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Where to get "Window/Port Glazing" vinyl rubber glass seals.

kapnkd

kapnkd
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> One of the many restorations on our “Never Ending Project” 73 E-32 Mk II has been the replacement of window/port glazing seals around the glass that fits into the aluminum port track halves.

I was lucky enough to have a local Pearson owner/friend share some of what he had left instead of purchasing the complete kit from Catalina.

I earlier posted photos on EYO of how I got the halves back together on the larges ports and got a few questions from some of you. I also mentioned the inches needed for the various ports (62” largest rear port, 60” forward large port and 32” standard size ports)

Particularly, I was asked by another Ericson owner where the glazing vinyl was purchased. I now have finally gotten a reply back from my friend:

LK Technology, Inc.
5116 Warrensville Ctr Rd
Cleveland, OH. 44137

(888) 663-9830
www.technologylk.com

Vinyl Glazing Page: http://www.technologylk.com/__1209/weatherstripping-and-glazing-vinyls.html

Part: # D752C
Description: CRL Glazing Vinyl; 11/32” Channel Depth 9/32” Metal Opening for 3/16”
Glass – 100 ft Roll

Price: $41.57 (purchased in 2009)

Hope this will be of help to those of you taking on this task. (NOT an easy one!)<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Last edited: