• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Origo 4100

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
The Santa Cruz harbor entrance has been shoaled for the past few weeks so no sailing. I decided to do a little interior remodeling and would like to replace my old pressure alcohol stove with an Origo 4100. Any suggestions on where to get one for a good price?

Thanks

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
What do you consider a good price? I have a brand new one with some minor blemishes I'd like to sell.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Google search seems to find new ones at discount prices a bit over $400.
If you are patient you might find one at a marine consignment store or on CL. Luckily this is a common model for smaller powerboats and there might be more of them out there.

Bargains can pop up.... some years ago we found an almost-new Origo 6000, for $600. on a local CL. It replaced our original (same model) installed by EY in 1988 and well used and worn, with cloudy oven glass and lots of small scratches.
Those things are really well built, and when I gave the "old" one to a buddy, he took it all apart and buffed it all out... and replaced the pressure alcohol range in his late-70's sailboat.
IIRC, he did share a wee dram of good scotch with me to celebrate.

Good luck on your search.

Loren

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks Loren. I have been searching CL and you are right they are out there.

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Blemishes

There are two dings in the outer left and right hand flange. I purchased this for the 81' 28+ project which I abandoned. I no longer have a need for it.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Al,

Bummer on the dings. Do you think they might be (somewhat) fixable? How much are you looking to get for the stove?

Afrakes

Sustaining Member

Mark: I've done a fair amount of metal work. This situation is one where if you tried to "fix" the cosmetic issue you would end up with a bigger mess. Brand new in the box it came in, with cutting board, label, canisters and seals for the canisters. $350.00 or best offer. The bloody canisters alone sell for $135ea. Thanks for your interest. Al

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Al,

Thanks for the offer. I ended up buying a new one from Defender.