• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

PMs - not sure if they're sent?

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
I've sent a couple of PMs recently, and once they are gone they are "gone" - my outbound messages don't show up in any sort of "conversation", my "sent items" folder is empty, they're just.... gone.

I hate being a pest, so I'm loathe to re-send. But I'd love to know whether or not they actually made it to the recipient's inbox.

Am I doing something wrong?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I've sent a couple of PMs recently, and once they are gone they are "gone" - my outbound messages don't show up in any sort of "conversation", my "sent items" folder is empty, they're just.... gone.

I hate being a pest, so I'm loathe to re-send. But I'd love to know whether or not they actually made it to the recipient's inbox.

Am I doing something wrong?

I do not think you did anything "wrong" but when I have to use the site's private message function, it's because the member has email contact disabled.
IIRC, once I sent the PM, to track it I click on the words Private Messages in the smaller font in the dark blue bar under the larger word "Forum".

You may want to contact Sean or Christian with your question.
One other point... are you sure that you did "send" your message before closing the window?

Loren

Last edited:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
In addition to what Loren says, check Settings/General Settings/My Account and confirm that the check marks are as they should be.

Your message should be recorded in Sent Messages under Notifications Tab.

Not everyone checks the New Message note under notifications, or sees the blind email alerting to a new forum message.

Some members (like me) have direct email enabled: click on their user name in that case and use "Send Email."

Why don;t you send me a test message and we'll see what's up.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
laughing

Just tried sending you a test-message, Christian... it appears your PM inbox is full and won't accept any new ones.

As an aside, it occurs to me that each time I've sent a PM I've done it by right-clicking on the recipient's name and selecting "send a PM" from the pop-up window. I wonder if that's different in some way from going to the PM page and clicking "send a new PM"?

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I often do it the way you do. But I like it better if I can send a "real" email rather than forum PM.

Yes, this issue is me. Have to keep clearing the inbox/outbox. But why doesn't software send you "receiving mailbox full" message?

Dear Christian Williams,

bgary has just tried to send you a private message. However, your private messages box on EY.o Information Exchange has reached the specified quota. In order to receive further private messages, you must delete some messages. Please visit this page to do so:
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/private.php

All the best,
EY.o Information Exchange

I will try to do better!

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I've looked at the settings from this last adjustment, thinking that it might have been the cause of some of these issues, but they appeared normal. I'll look at some other items, and open a ticket with vBulletin if necessary - and get back you guys...

//sse