• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 33 for sale in Vermont

P Abele

Member II
I thought I had posted this up already but don't see it so wanted to make sure people know it was for sale. It has been a primarily fresh water boat which is in excellent condition with accessories to make it a pretty much turn-key boat and we are asking $34K. I have a complete listing and photos etc for people who might be interested. Please send a PM and I can provide this additional information. Thanks!

Last edited:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
We lost some posts in a recent technical issue.

Is the listing public? If so this is the place to post the link.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Arrgh...

Another (potentially) great boat, for sale in not-Washington.

Doesn't *anyone* in the PNW want to have my Ericson? ;-)

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
What is the status? Is she still available?

Sorry for being slow to respond but she is a 1982 model. Please let me know if you might like to receive more info and I will be glad to help.

If she is still available could you provide pictures and more information regarding condition?

P Abele

Member II
I am surprised that I have checked back at this thread and not seen this most recent reply form December until today - sorry about that!

The boat is in excellent condition and I just re-listed my ad on our local Craigslist which includes some photos which can be see here: http://burlington.craigslist.org/boa/5446503365.html
In addition, please send me an email to 2pabes@gmail.com and I can forward a written listing, provide more photos and answer more questions. Thanks and the spring sailing season is not far off!

Pete in VT

P Abele

Member II
Our boat is still available and if it turns out we own her for another season that is fine but she is a great value for a boat in great shape.

P Abele

Member II
I have had some interest but the boat is still for sale if anyone is interested in a clean, well appointed fresh water boat!

tenders

Innocent Bystander
I'm not in the market, but if I were, I think I would tend to be more intrigued by the presence of photos and details, like, how many sails, what kind of engine, who designed this model (I think it was Ron Holland?), what equipment is installed, etc.

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
The E33 is indeed a Ron Holland design. She has a powerful fractional sail plan (SA/D = 20) which makes them very quick, especially to weather, but concordantly tender. Great boats, but I am biased.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The E33 is indeed a Ron Holland design. She has a powerful fractional sail plan (SA/D = 20) which makes them very quick, especially to weather, but concordantly tender. Great boats, but I am biased.

I'm votin' with Keith. I have crewed many many days and evenings on an E-33RH here on the Columbia River. In 18 kts I have driven it steadily down wind with a chute up, fully in control... while the C&C 35-3 next to us spun out. Twice... on long races. Fun to watch that C&C -- lots of yelling going on over there.
:)

Between the EY build quality and the design expertise of Ron Holland, it is an above average performance cruiser. IMHO, it also lacks much of the tenderness off the wind in big air that has given some IOR designs kind of a bad name. Great interior layout for cruising with lots of tankage and storage -- lots more than my O-34. Our boat is faster off the wind, but the E-33RH is more fun to drive to weather.
:egrin:

One of the splash screen photos for this site shows our two boats docked side by side while on a summer cruise down river.

Note to Pete: your former CL listing has gone cold. Put some photos into this thread.

Cheers,
Loren

Last edited:

P Abele

Member II
So after a year of trying I have given up on trying to sell her on my own through Craigslist and other sites and gone with a broker. The listing can be seen below and looking at other similar Ericsons on Yachtworld she is among the best values out there today. It will be a bittersweet sale for sure for our family which she has been a huge part of but will do very well for her next owners as well. Please have a look and let me know if anyone should have any questions. Thanks.

Pete in VT

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1982/Ericson-33-3017598/Colchester/VT/United-States#.V_2DCYW0FlE

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
So after a year of trying I have given up on trying to sell her on my own through Craigslist and other sites and gone with a broker. The listing can be seen below and looking at other similar Ericsons on Yachtworld she is among the best values out there today. It will be a bittersweet sale for sure for our family which she has been a huge part of but will do very well for her next owners as well. Please have a look and let me know if anyone should have any questions. Thanks.

Pete in VT

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1982/Ericson-33-3017598/Colchester/VT/United-States#.V_2DCYW0FlE
Looks like a really sweet boat.

P Abele

Member II
Wanted to let people know our boat sold our boat last month. Thanks to everyone for your feedback since I first posted this ad and for all of your advice since this site was put together (following the Sailnet forums!) where I learned a ton. Fair winds to you all on your wonderful Ericson boats!