• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2016 Rendezvous Planning starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It's time for all of you hearty Vikings in British Columbia waters to weigh in on where to host the NW Ericson Rendezvous for 2016.
Will the "same" weekend (i.e. the 24 thru the 26 of June) work for everyone again?

Where will it be?
We have no vote, but Kathy and I would return to Maple Bay again in a heartbeat. Nice facility and nice people.

Time to check your calendar and make your plans!
:egrin:

Let's get some discussion going here....

Cheers,
Loren

p.gazibara

Member III
New to the group

Hey all,

I am a recent Ericson owner (35-2) based in Seattle. I am interested in meeting up with everyone next year. I have been up that way before, but on my previous boat (Newport 28) I'm excited to see what the E boats can do!

Pajo

Seacap

2016 possibilites

Ganges is nice but VERY busy in the summer. Telegraph harbor would be OK as would Maple Bay
Cheers
Graham (Vancouver, BC)
"Compass Rose" (E35-2)

hodo

Member III
Rendezvous

How much lead time to set up for the Rendezvous in BC? Most marinas like to start accepting dates Jan 2. Do we need another poll?
Harold and Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
How much lead time to set up for the Rendezvous in BC? Most marinas like to start accepting dates Jan 2. Do we need another poll?
Harold and Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

Hi Harold,
If someone in BC (or near to it in WA) wants to designate a place.... I say go ahead.
All that's required for now is to make a contact with a marina and get on their schedule.
No one has suggested that the weekend of June 24-26 would be bad for attendance. That weekend works for us.

I am hoping that some of the rendezvous host crew from 2014 will weigh in on this very soon.

Regards,
Loren

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Island Time will be headed North with her new owners soon, so maybe she'll be at the rendezvous.

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Ericson Rendezvous 2016

Maple Bay Near Duncan BC was the last well attended Canadian Rendezvous, why not again??!! :egrin:Chas and Judy, Eden E 30+ ,John and Lynn Hilda Harris E28 would attend again There are two other Ericsons at our marina that would be there

Chas and Judi

C.A. Fields

E38 "NIMUE"
Rendezvous

Hi Everyone and Merry Christmas too.
As Wanda and I are heading to Alaska this May, Nimue will not be attending this year but if we were, we would vote Maple Bay.
Where ever it's held I'm sure it'll be a wonderful time by great Vikings.
Happy New Year All.

Teranodon

Member III
A vote for Maple Bay

My E34 was not quite ready last summer, but she is now. My wife and I would be very happy to meet other owners in Maple Bay next year.

Stefan

TS Farley

Member II
Happy 2016 Vikings!

Sorry to be missing seeing everyone at the rendezvous once again. TS Farley is spending the winter in Haida Gwaii and then joining Nimue en route to Alaska.
If anyone wants any information on the supplier of t-shirts from last year I'd be happy to pass it on.

Vivian

thorgaar47

Maple Bay OK with me

Maple Bay works for me. June 24-26 is good too. Plan to attend my first this year. Mike Gowrylow, 1990 Ericson 32-3.

It's time for all of you hearty Vikings in British Columbia waters to weigh in on where to host the NW Ericson Rendezvous for 2016.
Will the "same" weekend (i.e. the 24 thru the 26 of June) work for everyone again?

Where will it be?
We have no vote, but Kathy and I would return to Maple Bay again in a heartbeat. Nice facility and nice people.

Time to check your calendar and make your plans!

Let's get some discussion going here....

Cheers,
Loren

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Maple Bay seems like the popular place !! ??

We now need a date? July has always seemed more popular than June!
For some reason Father's Day does not work as well as the middle of July.
However no matter what we will attend either date Chas and Judy on EDEN
E 30+ #720.:egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Time to pin it down, Please

We now need a date? July has always seemed more popular than June!
For some reason Father's Day does not work as well as the middle of July.
However no matter what we will attend either date Chas and Judy on EDEN
E 30+ #720.:egrin:

Well, there are a several votes for Maple Bay, and some do like the last weekend of June.
If you are promoting a July date, you need to message the other posters and see if they want a change in month for 2016.
Time is starting to get shorter for reservations.

Lots of owners just need to know so that they can schedule their summer vacations.

If the weekend of June 24-26 is OK with you, just say so now.
Then call the marina and get the Ericson group on their schedule. Tell them to expect about 20 boats.

Cheers,
Loren

Last edited:

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Date required for rendezvous 2016

OK so Maple Bay it is now is it going to be in June? or is it going to be in July, we can still make reservations for either date

Chas and Judi EDEN Ericson 30+:egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Maple Bay

OK so Maple Bay it is now is it going to be in June? or is it going to be in July, we can still make reservations for either date.
Chas and Judi EDEN Ericson 30+:egrin:

Thanks for the good news.

I am glad to hear that it's Maple Bay. There are certainly other great choices, but it is really good to have this pinned down now so that all the Ericson and Olson owners can plan their summer.

The last full weekend of June still sounds good to us -- June 24-26. I wonder if the next weekend -- July 1-3, would be pretty busy for the CN holiday stuff for July 1? Then there are boaters planning to be somewhere in the US for the July 4 fireworks etc.

I would vote for June 24-26.

Loren

Last edited:

hodo

Member III
Time Line

July works better for us, as we have a bunch of RETIREMENT Stuff to complete before July 1. Please keep the communication going.
Harold and Jessie, SV Mischief :devil: Maker

oregon18

rendezvous

We would like to make the redezvous this year--we are fairly new to the group.
June 24-26 would be perfect for us. Look forward to meeting some new sailors.
Jim and Gloria Elder
Ericson 35-3
"Gloria Jeanne"

Status
Not open for further replies.