• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2016 Rendezvous Planning starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudy

Member II
Maple Bay

Maple Bay sounds good to us and so does June 24-26.

Rudy & Patricia on Dawntreader.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Declaring the date and place

Maple Bay sounds good to us and so does June 24-26.

Rudy & Patricia on Dawntreader.

Note to all of the BC area vikings: It would be great if you BC sailors would book 20 slips (approx) at the marina and let the rest of us know that you have done so. Book that covered shelter again, too.
:egrin:
Then we can individually contact the marina and reserve our slips.

I understand and sympathize :esad: that there will inevitably be some of us that cannot make it on any given weekend, but we all need to have a date and place to plan around.
(Remember that other boating groups are also booking up marinas for their rendezvous, as well.)

Some short event notices need to go out to the NW sailing magazines, too. They commonly have a 60 days (or more) lead time for event and calendar material.

Regards,
Loren

Last edited:

E33MikeOx

Member II
Rendezvous Dates

Hey guys, please do us a favor and decide on when and where SOONER rather than later. We can't come by boat, but hope to come by land and/or air. However, being as it sounds like this cruise will be in summer, we need dates ASAP so we can confirm either air reservations or ferry reservations. If a decision is not made soon, we may not be there.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi Intuition,
There seems to be alot of interest in having the rendezvous at Maple Bay on that June 24 -26 weekend. Would you be willing to coordinate by making a reservation and dealing with details? There are several people on this site who have done this in the past and can provide guidance.
Many of us would sure appreciate it!
Frank

Intuition

Member I
Ericson Rendevouz

Frank: I just read your post and talked to my wife (you know, they have to be involved in this as well) and she informed me that we are not able to even go to the rally on those dates as we HAVE to attend her niece's wedding in Winnipeg that weekend. DAMN - I was looking forward to getting back to Maple Bay for that rally. The following weekend (probably a bad weekend for everyone) I think we're clear. Sorry.

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Ericson Rendezvous 2016

The only dates Available for Maple Bay Marina are July 8 and 9. Reservations can be phoned in to Cathy @ Maple Bay Marina 250 746 8482. Hilda Harris
Eden an E28+ and a E30+ have made their reservations. Our US friends should make theirs while the loonie is down close to 30%. In the summer as the price of oil goes up I expect our dollar will improve. See you all soon:egrin: Chas and Judi sv-eden@telus.net

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Dates and Place... Check!

The only dates Available for Maple Bay Marina are July 8 and 9. Reservations can be phoned in to Cathy @ Maple Bay Marina 250 746 8482. Hilda Harris
Eden an E28+ and a E30+ have made their reservations. Our US friends should make theirs while the loonie is down close to 30%. In the summer as the price of oil goes up I expect our dollar will improve. See you all soon:egrin: Chas and Judi sv-eden@telus.net

Moving Forward! :)
I will close this thread and start a new rendezvous thread for Maple Bay Marina, July 8 and 9. For those coming from afar, that's likely July 8, 9, and perhaps 10.
I predict that no matter which weekend is chosen, some of us will have conflicts that prevent attending or make it more difficult. Summers are busy for us all, and we just do the best we can.
:egrin:

Thanks to all for the "pre planning" and we will see you at the "Gathering of the Vikings" as it was once called, stitched onto a T shirt.

Regards,
Loren

Last edited:

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Rendezvous 2016

ERICSON RENDEZVOUS
JULY 8 and 9
call Cathy 245-748-8432 for reservation
MAPLE BAY MARINA

reservations have started

Status