• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Boat Transport New Jersey to Sebastian, Florida

James Skok

Because of time constraints, I can't do the ICW and, therefore, need to have my ERICSON 27 shipped to the East Coast of Florida. Does anyone have any personal experience with boat haulers that they would care to share with me and others who also might benefit?

Mort Fligelman

Member III
Boat Transporter

James:

In 2010 I used:

Rick Miller
Freedom Boat Tranport
407-716-3131

Shipped my boat from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Winthrop Harbor. IL (Approx 50 Mi North of Chicago).

I can't say enough good things about Rick.....Fantastic loading job and delivered ahead of schedule.....what more could one ask...

Good Luck

markvone

Sustaining Member
Good Boat Shipper

James,

I used Sonny and Rhonda Norman of G. A. Norman Marine Service, Aberdeen, MD to ship my E36RH from California to Annapolis in 2011. Phone (410)273-0413/(410)937-2127 Email: ganorman005@yahoo.com No problems, total professional, on time, called me with status from the road, good price, insured.

I have been in Burt Jabin's yard in Annapolis the last three weeks doing some bottom work and I have seen Sonny at least twice dropping off a new Beneteau coming up from the factory in SC.

The more flexible you are on timing, the better your price will be. If your E27 can ride down south on an "empty" truck that is doing a pickup coming north you will add income to the hauler and get a better price.

Mark

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
James,

I used Sonny and Rhonda Norman of G. A. Norman Marine Service, Aberdeen, MD to ship my E36RH from California to Annapolis in 2011. Phone (410)273-0413/(410)937-2127 Email: ganorman005@yahoo.com No problems, total professional, on time, called me with status from the road, good price, insured.

I have been in Burt Jabin's yard in Annapolis the last three weeks doing some bottom work and I have seen Sonny at least twice dropping off a new Beneteau coming up from the factory in SC.

The more flexible you are on timing, the better your price will be. If your E27 can ride down south on an "empty" truck that is doing a pickup coming north you will add income to the hauler and get a better price.

Mark

It's been a number of years since our present boat was trucked here from the SF Bay area, but Mark has some great advice about finding a truck with an "empty backhaul" and saving as much as half the regular fee. Those folks really dislike dead heading down the hi way.

Loren