• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Very simple and easy improvement

Bolo

Contributing Partner
I don't know about all of the Ericson models but mine, an E-32-3, always had a problem that really bothered me. That was the cabinet door to the area under the galley sink. I always need to get to a lot of things under there, the sea cock for the engine, the dip stick and sea cock for the cockpit scuppers. Trouble was that when the door was opened it hit up against the companion way ladder and this made it difficult to reach into the cabinet because the edge of the door stuck out and usually ended up digging into my chest. After changing the oil last week I realized that I could just turn the door upside down and hang it on the left side! If you want to do this you'll need to move the latch in the inside too but it's easy. Problem solved! The door now swings to the left and gives me easier access to everything.image.jpg

Ian S

Member III
Interesting? I've been aboard several and currently own a 90' 32-3 and the door has always been left hinged. I think somebody wasn't paying attention when they set the door on your boat. That would have made me nuts as well. BTW best thing I ever added to that compartment was an electric oil removal pump. it's permanently affixed to the oil pan via a hose fitting. I simply place the hose in a 1gal jug and hit the button. Boom done!

Capt. Ian

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
1985 version. But it has never bothered me.

Attachments

• ERicson 32-3 sink door.jpg
    ERicson 32-3 sink door.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 192

Mort Fligelman

Member III
Why the Heck did'nt I think of that....

On my 35-3, circa 87, right hand door hinge.....don't know how many of my body parts I have impaled on that door.....my very next thing on the "to do" list.

Is it possible that in 90 Pacific Seacraft was already in the picture???????? If so, that could be one of the Ericson bugs that they corrected.......chime in