• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Catalina this coming weekend.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I am sailing over with two other boats on Friday the 31st. ETA around 2:30pm. One of the boats is another Ericson 27 "Maluhia", Rob Salinas boat. Rob is on this forum but he does not post much. The other boat is a Catalina 30 tall rig, my friend Tom's boat "Miss Claudette". He's the one that had both halyards stuck at the top I posted about last week. Well he got the main halyard down by attaching several tent poles together with a few hooks on the end and running them up the aft stay attached through a series of cheap climbing carabiner rings on the tent poles. :roll eyes:

Rob may have mooring's lined up for us at The USC Wrigley Marine Institute, so we would not be moored at Isthmus Cove.
https://dornsife.usc.edu/wrigley/wmsc/

But we will be taking the dinghy's over there.

Last edited:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Scrubbed the mission.

Well my Pal Tom with the Catalina 30' called me yesterday and said he's feeling ill and up to it. And my other friend Rob just called me and he canceled. He said the weather will be too rough. So now that both of my friends have canceled I will not be going as well. I will go over on Friday the 14th of July with two of my best friends.

Last edited:

paul culver

Member III
Yeah the forecast is fine. Slight chance of thunderstorms tonight is all. But since my friends canceled I'm gonna wait and go with other friends in a couple weeks. Vacation days are precious to me. :egrin:

I might see you out there after all. Let us know when you're leaving.

Paul
E29 "Bear"

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thunderstorms? I didn't think you folks on the left coast did that. Not to mention that here in the east thunderstorms imply rain which I thought you also didn't do.

All the thunderstorms are way East in the mountains and foothills. Actually more so on the other side of the San Gabriel Mountains in the High Desert. It's supposed to be over later tonight. Yeah this El Nino has been giving us some strange weather. I just decided not to go because my friends got cold feet. NOAA just dropped the Thunderstorm warning for the San Pedro Channel. :mad: Im going to go over on Friday the 14th.

http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.php?mz=pzz655&syn=pzz600

Last edited:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Hope you guys get a bunch of rain out there. August 13th I'm going to SF and Los Gatos on the way to NAPA looks like fires everywhere! How bout an Ericson rendezvous at the hotel bar in Los Gatos.

Of course I know you guys are nowhere near SF.

Loren, that Magic Seaweed site is useful. Thanks.

Last edited: