• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Color match for cove and boot stripe.

DEUII

Hello, I have an E25+ and would like to repaint the cove and boot stripe.Original color is orange with sand colored hull. Does anyone know color name and manufacture?
Thanks, Don

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Dunno, but a paint chip chart from a manufacturer will give you a close color, or any color you like, since you're doing both stripes. Question is, one-part or two-part paint?

By the way, if the stripes are in the gel coat, have you tried bringing them back? Miracles are pretty common in that department.

Don Smith

Member II
I agree with Christian.

A few years ago I was getting estimates to have my stripes repainted when someone suggested I try an automotive polish. It worked great and I still use it once a year. The product is Macguires automotive polish or something like that. Buy pure polish, not rubbing compound and not a polish that contains rubbing compound. What you're trying to accomplish is to remove the oxidized paint from the surface.

Captain Don
Gitana, E26

Last edited:

DEUII

My cove is fine a little polishing and she'll come back,however the hull had a good case of blisters which continued into the port side boot stripe,two about the size of soft balls.