• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 Battery charger location?

Haiku

Member II
I've just picked up a new ProMariner ProSport 20amp battery charger and I'm curious to know where others have located their chargers.
The leads are 5' long so that limits its placement. It is fully waterproof which helps.
Its dimensions are 12.125"x7.25"x2.75"
I'd like it to be somewhere accessible but not in the way and with good ventilation.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 88

MMLOGAN

Member III
We have a Magnum inverter/charger mounted under the nav station seat. The location is close to our house bank, electric panel and battery disconnect switch. We had to add a vent to the locker for air circulation.

Good luck with the project.

Haiku

Member II
I ended up mounting it just at the entrance to the quarter berth. It's out of the way but still very accessible and no problems with ventilation.
I'm not sure what I'll do with the AC plug for the charger. I did purchase a 15amp inlet that mounts just like a standard shore power inlet that would make the install very clean, however, for the time being, I think I will just leave it strapped to the side of the unit itself and run an extension cord to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 19