• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Rub Rail for Ericson 25

Quentin

sailorQ
My boat was T-boned about amidships and I need to replace all or part of the plastic structure that holds to bumper. Any ideas?

davisr

Member III
Quentin,

Wefco is another option.

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?9365-E25-rub-rail-and-hull-to-deck-joint

Just for the record . . . back when I did this posting I assumed my rub-rail assembly - both the plastic track and the rubber insert - was shot. I pulled the assembly off and threw it off to the side of my property. There it sat for several years covered by leaves and dirt. Near the end of my refitting, I did the math once again on replacing the entire assembly with Wefco products. Wefco, I do believe, was the originally supplier for Ericson. At any rate, I thought I could save some money and at least reuse the plastic track. I pulled the tracks out of the dirt, sprayed them down, and then scrubbed them thoroughly with Bar Keeper's Friend (Oxalic Acid). This worked wonders, and it really brought the tracks back to life. Then I did the same thing with the rubber inserts. They too looked incredibly better than they ever did.

Good luck,
Roscoe
E25 #226
Oystercatcher

rssailor

Rub Rail

I am in the process of putting new Taco aluminum rub rail on the E25+. Did lots of research, but could not find any of the aluminum U shaped rub rail like on the MKIII boats. Fitting to the port side was not a big deal. The starboard side, different story. The hull to deck joint is not even thickness and is to thick in some places and not thick enough in others. In process of making it uniform thickness to mount the new rub rail on. Ryan

rssailor

After much sanding and fitting, ended up installing the rub rail on the starboard side with a spacer. It sure makes the boat look a lot better. Could not find end caps unfortunately and I'm gonna have some custom ones made after the new year. Ryan

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
YOu can easily make custom end caps, if so inclined.

Just carve want you want out of wood or clay or any junk, then make a plaster of paris mold of it. Pour thickened epoxy into mold. Drill and countersink one screw hole.

Prime and spray paint with a metallic silver aerosol from the hardware store.

Techniques for plaster molding and release agents are on YouTube, but it's all pretty obvious.