• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Amazing Grace (E38) is for sale

D & DM Cahill

Member II
Hi All. I know that most of the NW Ericson owners will be attending the Ericson Rendezvou this weekend. The times we were able to attend, we had great fun. Unfortunatedly, it is with great sadness that we are selling our E38. We had been preparing the boat for a trip up the inside passage to Alaska in 2014. In December 2013, I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. With CHEMO, Dr's appointments, blood draws and bad side effect of the CHEMO, we are just not able to use her. If you know anyone who is looking for an Ericson 38, I would appreciate it if you could pass on the following infomation. Amazing Grace is located in Bellingham, Wa.
Amazing Grace is a 1984Ericson 38, deep draft, standard layout. Designed by Bruce King, E38s have been acknowledged for quality buildand good sailing characteristics. Harddodger, solar panel, Lewmar windless, 44 lb Rocna anchor with all chain rode andDanforth anchor with chain and rope rode, 7 winches, lines led aft, 32 hp Universaldiesel, Balmar 100 amp generator, three batteries, three headsails, Furuno radar/chartplotter/gps, Standard Horizon 2200 VHF/AIS/RAM, EPERB, DS, WS, KM, Wabasco forcedair heat, refrigeration, 100 gal H2O, 40 gal diesel, new sanitary system with 18gal holding, 3 burner propane stove with oven, new canvas for mainsail, wheeland dodger, new upholstery, Magma BBQ. 8’Fatty Knees dinghy available. Asking $55,000. Call 360-647-1832 or e-mail at cahilldm@comcast.net for a complete listof equipment and upgrades/repairs and pictures.

I have enjoyed all the activities listed on thise website and it has helped me on several occasions solves some problems I was dealing with. I have enjoyed all the Ericson owners I have come in contact with. Thanks a bunch. Dave Cahill

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Dave,

She sounds like a fine boat. Very sorry to hear the news about your health. I hope you beat the cancer. Hang in there!
I'm sure we met you at Point Hudson a few years ago - like 2005?

Best regards,
Craig

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Dave,
We wish you well in your fight. It's never easy and the uncertainty hurts as well.

If I could ask a question, is your E-38 the original layout with the enclosed aft sleeping area and the solid fuel stove?
Or the model E-381 with a locker where the heating stove was previously located, and the aft berth area open to the main cabin?

Thanks much,
Loren & Kathy

Last edited:

Ccaptain

Ccaptain
Amazing Grace

Having just completed 9 weeks of radiation treatment on Monday I can identify with you in part. I will not get the Ericson 34 completed in time to beat the closing of the Erie canal to move the boat south for this season as a result. You have support here (on this forum), hang in there and lean on those you love.

Ccaptain

GregB

Member II
Still for sale?

Hope you are doing ok... This is not why boats should be for sale :(

The admiral thinks 38 is too big so we are not in the market, but I check on this posting every so often just because I am thinking about you guys.

Good luck!

Greg

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
Amaging Grace for sale still?

We remember you from one of the rendezvous and are sorry to hear of your battle with cancer. I (Marty) am a member of Women Who Sail and the auxiliary group Wormen Who Sail (and Power) Pacific Northwest, also Salish Sea Sailors. A member is looking to purchase an Ericson 38-200, she just sold her catamaran in Mexico. I tried to direct her to your listing, but apparently non-Ericson owners cannot access the site. I will forward your information to her, so that she can contact you directly. Her name is Fran Nadeau, she lives in Victoria, BC. She has a business called U-Neek Seats in BC. Praying that you win your battle and can resume sailing.

Marty Crichlow
sv Brigadoon, 1979 Ericson 35

D & DM Cahill

Member II
Amazing Grace

Hi Marty. Amazing Grace is sold and the new owner lives near Gig Harbor. (It was a E38 standard, not a 200 version.) Thank you for your thoughts. I have taken up the motto that "Living joyfully is winning". I am doing quite well and look at CHEMO as just a different type of life. I still have the goal of getting back to sailing someday. Thanks. Dave