• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Any info on E35ii hull #541?

Zbingham

Member I
I own E35ii hull#541, currently "Rocinante" .....wondering if anyone out there has any info about her past? Got her out of Vermont. Previous owners had her for some years on stands in their front yard. Not sure where she was last in the water. (The trip to get her was quite an adventure, more to come on that later).

She is a total basket case at this point needing bulkhead repairs, refinishing, refitting, etc. Any info about her glory days would be both interesting and inspiring.

Thanks,
Zach
Albuquerque, NM

Attachments

• zboat.jpg
    zboat.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 98

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi,

These boats are so well built that they are worth some time and money to bring them back after being neglected a while. Good luck in that process, don't give up! I recall seeing a before and after picture of an older wooden sailboat with beautiful lines, but no varnish left and some rotten wood showing--after two years of work (not full time) she looked great--no more rot, beautiful varnish, new sails, rebuilt engine. Everyone on the dock was "wowed" by her.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about your particular boat, but maybe someone will chime in to fill in the details of her history.

Frank