Head aches.

hodo

Member III
I guess I need to replace my head. The one in the boat. Seems to be a crack at one of the bolt holes that joins the sections together. Doing hoses too. This seems to be a good time, hot in the boat, have a trip planned in 2 weeks. Any suggestions on manual heads?
Thanks, Harold:devil:

ignacio

Member III
Blogs Author
I'm using the standard Raritan PHII head (manual). I installed it 4 years ago and seems to be holding up fine. I also recently changed all the hoses and put on a few coats of paint on all the surfaces where the holding tank is secured. It has made an appreciable change in air quality. While I was at it, I also installed a manual Whale diaphragm holding tank pump for offshore use.

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Raritan

Too bad you're on the left coast. I've got a perfectly good PHII I'd love to move along. I'm in the midst of rebuilding it so I can switch it with its twin on my boat. I also need to do the hose replacement routine.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Head Games !(song lyrics...)

We are on our second Raritan PH2 manual head in 20 years of ownership. (I only replaced it last time because I was too lazy to rebuild the old head and the rebuild kit is spendy enough to make me consider a new one.)

Loren

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Just replaced our entire waste system a couple years ago. New holding tank, new hoses and new Raritan PHII head:rolleyes:.

"Going out of my head.......day and night........

Last edited: